The noble brother

I was just about to leave to meet Hope when my mum stopped me at the door with her hand glued to the handle. "Honey please it's important that you understand that you can't tell anybody else you're from here." I furrowed my brows as I tried to understand what exactly she was trying to tell me "if they find out you were born here, they will have a pretty good guess who you're father is, then they'll find out what you are."

She lead me into the living room and sat me down on the sofa, the tv was playing, the news were running a story about missing kids in a town called mystic falls. "I saw firsthand what they tried to do to Hope when they found out she was on the way." She kneeled down so she was face to face with me "there will be a target on your back if the world finds out there's another tribrid, and it won't take them long to figure out it's you." She envelopes my hands in hers and started rubbing them with her thumb and forefinger, "so if anything say you're from another relationship I had in London, understand?"

"I understand, I'm y/n Desrosiers, born and raised in London, it's my first time in New Orleans." I scratched my head thinking about the fact that Benji already knows everything and Marcel knows I'm from here. "What about Marcel and Benji"

"I already talked to Marcel. I just need you to talk to Benjamin so he understands."

I nodded in response, my life has become way too complicated overnight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope was waiting for me outside the boutique as I frantically crossed the road in a half walk half sprint.

"Hey, I thought you weren't going to make it" her voice is almost muffled out from a hug as her face gets wrapped in my coat.

"No, it's just I had to deal with some things from home." I reply back as we break off from the quick embrace and enter the store.

"This is a cute store," my eyes are going all over the place, it had every style you could possibly imagine, "I have friends back in London who would die to be in a place like this"

"Really, what's London like? I've never been outside of the country." Hope tells me as she flicks through the items on a rack

"Oh you know it's wet, and when it's not wet it's frozen and vice versa." I laugh off as my eyes catch hold on something. I pull out the black cardigan and hold it up towards Hope for her opinion "what do you think?"

"Oh that is cute, plus it'll go with this skirt," she walked over towards me and held out a black mini skirt against my waist. "Oh and this crop top right here," she placed the skirt in my hands as she pulled out a light baby blue crop top with spaghetti straps "it brings out the blue in your eyes."

"You think?" I ask as I turn around and face the mirror, it was a cute outfit but it was missing something. I spot a pair of combat boots on a shelf and check the size. It must be my lucky day because they're my size, I turn back around to face Hope to show her my new find and spot a pair of fishnet tights beside her. "Maybe it's time I reinvent myself from the person I was in London?"

"I think so too and to reinvent yourself calls for a new wardrobe." Hope replies with a tower of clothes in her arms almost covering her face.

"I hope some of those are for you as well." I say as I inspect the tower of Pisa in her arms.

"What do you mean these are all for me, yours are in the dressing room."  Hope pointed towards the dressing room on the left as she stepped into the one on the right and closed the door.