Chapter 18: Forgiveness

Bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.
                                 -Colossians 3:13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theme Song: A heart that forgives

~~~~~~

A man aged 40 plus woke from his small bed, he lighted a candle and place it on his little altar table where the small cruficix and a Bible was placed. He then bent his knees to praise God and pray. For 14 years since the day he got imprisoned he never got tired of waking up every 3 o clock in morning for God and it's also his way of atoning for all the sins and wrong doings he had done in his past towards his deceased wife and daughter. Every he prayed for God's forgiveness and for his daughter who never visited him even at once. He missed him so much and he understood how she hated him but his hoping for the day that he can see her to personally ask her forgiveness.

Meanwhile, it was 9 am after he finished doing the prison chores he returned to his cell, knelt infront of his mini altar and pray.

" Lord Jesus,
my Lord and Savior.
Pardon me Lord for all my sins and I humbly ask you to watch over my daughter. I love and I miss her Lord. Please procte........."  he stopped praying when he overheard the someone coming was coming to his cell. He thought it was prison guard and so he continued to  pray and began the Holy Rosary . But when the door of his cell was opened and seeing the person he wished to see his hands tremblingly dropped the Holy Rosary.

"D-dad."

He can't imagine to see the person he longed to see and now she's standing in front of him. And like her mom she grew into a beautiful lady. He missed her so much and at the same time he felt so guilty for all the years he failed to be in her side. For all her birthdays and important days that he wasn't present . He wanted to embrace and kiss her but he lost the courage instead he knelt down in front of her. And with his tears he said the what he wanted to tell to her over the years.

"Princess my daughter ,

I'm so sorry."

***

Princess was so excited so to meet his dad and while they were were walking at the prison's corridor her heart beats faster and so nervous. Jesus tapped her shoulder and the twin gave her thumbs up. As they reached the door of his cell her watery tears began to drop. She then felt hesitant to enter.
"Go inside Princess. His been waiting for you. Me and the twin will remain outside." Jesus said and give her an encouraging smile.

Princess slowly opened the door and she saw a man aged 40 plus, he was kneeling. But what shocked her was to hear his dad praying for her and asking God's forgiveness. She can't believe of what she saw his cruel dad  who hated God and Christians so much is now kneeling and praying which he never did. This time all her uneasy emotions gone and exchanged with joyful and grateful tears.

The man noticed her presence and he turned to her.

"D-dad" the only word she uttered. She missed him so much and wanted to run towards him. She started to come closer but she got shocked to what he did. He kneeled in front of her.

"Princess my daughter ,

I'm so sorry."

Her tears became numerous.

"Dad you d-don't have to kneel." She said helping him up. But he remained kneeling.
"I'm so sorry."He continuously repeated it.

" Dad, I already understand everything. And I'm so sorry." She knelt down and embrace his dad.

" I'm so sorry Daddy! I'm sorry if I judged you."

" No, it's not your fault and I you don't have to say sorry because I never hated nor your mom.  In those years I only hated myself." And he wiped the tears of her daughter.

"I should be the one to say sorry for all the pain I've inflicted on you and to your mom. Forgive dear."

" Dad, I've already forgiven you."

Hearing it he embraced her more tighter. And their shared tears watered and healed their wounded hearts.

"Thank you

my Princess."