𝕀𝕀 𝔾𝔼𝕋ℍ𝔼ℝ - 𝑇𝑤𝑜 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑠 (10)

Aaron and I walk out of his room and head downstairs. I give him some bread so that he won't feel hungry. He calls his driver so that we can go to the movie. I'm glad to see him forgetting about the rain and focus on his life instead.

We get in the car.

"You know it's our first date right?" Aaron smiles.
"Who says this is a date?" I laugh.
"Hey, you think nothing will happen in the movie?" He teases.
I look at him, "there's going to be nothing, at all."
"You're acting up so high, but just watch... one day you will come running to me," he says.
"I don't think so..."
"You bet?" He challenged me.
"For?" I ask.
"If one day, you come running to me then you will grant me a wish. But if you don't by 1 month.... then I will grant you a wish. How's that?" He leans over.
"Are you playing house with me? Ha. I don't see the point."
"Anyways, deal or not?" He asks.
I nod, "sure."
"Keep your words," he stopped the recording.
"Hey! That's cheating," I say.
"Well...safer than nothing," he smiles.
"Gosh."

✌︎︎

We arrive at the movie theater and Aaron starts looking at the "re-airing" section.

"So are we watching a new movie or an old one?" I ask him.
"Guess what? I request this theater to re-air this movie that I'm about to watch with you."
"You have such power?"
He laughs, "requesting something like this is not a big deal to me. Our company sponsors this movie theater so..."
"Oh yeah...I forgot," I just realized.
"2 tickets for Hear Me," he says to the worker.
"25 dollars," she says. "You may go inside, the movie is upstairs, 15 B."
"Thank you," we both say.

"You pick a really old movie," I say.
"Yeah, it was in 2009."
"Don't tell me, you already watch this?" I ask him.
"I just want to see this with you so rewatching it is not a big deal."
I stop, "why though?"
"I love the story, I want to see it with you," he looks at me.
"What is it about?" I ask him.
"A young man and a hearing-impaired woman. Together, they develop a good relationship. You will see."
I nod, "sounds good."
"Right? It reminds you of us right?" He heads to the line for popcorn and drinks.
"Why do you always compare everything to our situation?" I cross my hands.
"Hmm...what should our story be? A young girl who tries to forget her past meets a young man who's still stuck in the past. Together, they heal each other's wounds. That would be a big hit," he claps his hands together.
"Are you writing a novel?" I ask.
"It's our story, so maybe?" He smiles.
"How do you know that I'm trying to forget my past?"
He pauses, "well, I just see it through you. You once told me that you rather feed yourself until you are full better than making yourself suffer. Isn't that a way to tell yourself to keep trying another day then another day?"
"Well yeah, I need strength before I could do anything else. It's the first kind of thing."
He looks at me, "I envy you if only I could try...you know."
"What you mean if you could...you are doing well," I look at him.
"Is that a compliment?" He smiles.
I nod, "yes, you are doing well and keep it that way. Don't let anything else change you."

We get our popcorn and drinks and head upstairs for the movie. There's no one else except us, no wonder since the movie is old too. But besides that, we sit down and watch the movie. Aaron seems to enjoy it and I also like the movie. It's a pretty good one.

✌︎︎

"How was it?" Aaron puts on his seatbelt.
"A good one," I say.
"Let's come again next time," he says.
"I don't know if we will have the next time," I pull down the window since it stops raining.
"Why not? Are you distancing yourself from me again?" He seems sad.
"Aaron,  I come along because I want to make you feel better. I have no other intention."
"Intention? Then, am I the only one that's enjoying it? But for you, it's just business," his voice sounds down.
I look at him, "Aaron...I-"
"I got it. You just don't like me," he pulls out his phone and looks at it.