Chapter Three

. . .

I let myself fall deeper
but I was prepared

ʚ♡ɞ

"Run!"

We ran, with me being left behind a little bit.

I never thought that I would actually feel literally alive tonight. Having this adrenaline rush while running away like I was a robber who stole something.

You could say my life was pretty boring with almost just the same old things happening everyday. Tonight, or early in the morning rather, was very different.

"Wait! Come here! Get inside!" I yelled when we got near to my car. I could tell he was hesitant at first so I tried to convince him and spoke again.

"He's probably going to catch up with us anyway if we just run. Come quick!" I said which convinced him to join me in to the car.

Just as I started the engine, the guy earlier then got out of the pub and even have some other guys with him too.

"Yah, quickly! You wouldn't want to stay here. They won't care if you are a public figure." The guy beside me said, so I didn't waste any time and quickly set it on drive and drove away quickly.

I could even hear one of the guy threw what seemed like a bottle of liquor and it hit the ground. They tried to run after us, but of course it's useless. Once we got farther away, that's when I get to breath and calmly sigh.

"First time?" The guy beside me said with a sarcastic tone. "Oh yeah, I forgot you are a famous singer who must've never experienced being around lowlife people."

"Wh-what makes you think that?"

"Well first rule, you shouldn't just help anyone and let them get in your car. How sure are you that I won't actually harm you?" He said and looked at me very intensely. It made me look away from him and just concentrate on driving.

"Well I don't think you won't harm the person who helped you get out of trouble."

"Touché." He said and I could see him in the side raising his hands up like he's surrendering.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked him.

"Anywhere. You can actually drop me off here already. No one would be chasing me now." He answered.

I don't know why. I could stop the car and drop him off already. He's a stranger and I shouldn't be with him any longer now. But there's something that is stopping me from doing so.

"Hmm, you don't seem to be slowing down. Why? What do you want? Do you want me to like but you something because you helped me?" He said in which I didn't answer.

Instead, I threw a question at him. "Do you want to drink?"

"Wahh, do you, a famous singer, likes me or what?"

"Shut up, I ain't kidding." I said and made an eye roll.

"Alright, let's go and drink. I wasn't able to because of that bastard who came in and accusing me of sleeping with his girlfriend." He said with so much annoyance in his tone. I could definitely see that he was so irritated at the turn of events this night.

"Well, maybe something did happen because if there's really nothing then you won't be accused."

"Wow, Miss Roseanne Park Chaeyoung. I never expected you would be so judgmental." He said in utter sarcasm.

"Wait, how do you know my-"

"We should drink just at a convenient store so that there will be less people around." He said and I just nodded, not bothering in continuing my question.

I was about to ask him how he knew my full name. I mean, I know that I am a public figure but still not a lot of people would know my full name.

I'm mostly known as Rosé because that's my stage name. So, it's just weird for a stranger to call me by my name. It's like my full name was suddenly a foreign language that is completely unfamiliar to me.

I want to ask him if we actually know each other personally. Like a elementary or high school classmate of mine that I just forgot. Or maybe he's a fan of mine? But I didn't want to sound cocky.

So, I just kept quiet.

"But why do you think they are accusing you?" I asked a new question just to get rid of the silence in the car.

"I don't know either. Jealous because his girlfriend is clearly trying to make a move on me? I don't know."

I laugh sarcastically, "wow, I never expected you to be so narcissistic."

"What, it's true." He shrugged.

I was still curious at how he knew my full name and how he was able to say it so naturally. What if we were actually classmates or went from the same school before.

I really have to know. I have to ask.

"By the way, you know me and my full name. I think it's kinda unfair in my part."

He chuckled, which was like music in my ears. It's so calming to hear like I was contented and my night is complete. I don't know why. It just... feel like that.

It's so weird to think this as I never thought of it like this to anyone. I never thought I'll be thinking that someone's chuckle is a beautiful sound. I can just imagine how it would sound like if I hear his laughter.

"You should've just get straight to the point. To satisfy your curiosity, my name is Park Jimin."

ʚ♡ɞ