𝑤𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑏𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒

"Lily!"

"I'm going! I'm just packing my bag!" The ten year old yells from her room.

Jack grabs the car keys and looks at himself in the mirror as he fixes his hair.

The years have done him good. Jack was a handsome twenty six year old man.

His freckles were more noticeable than ever, his hair had messy curls and he had a full sleeve of tattoos on his right arm, his most meaningful tattoos.

"Liberty Rose Avery!"He yells.

"I'm here!" The girl says as she runs to the door.

"You're gonna be late."

"Let's go!" She grabs him by the hand and pulls him out the apartment.

Jack locks the door to as fast as he could and they run down the stairs to the street.

The curly head held her hand as they both paced to her school.

"Lunch?"

"I have it."

"The book you borrowed from the library?"

"I have it."

"And the plushie you stuffed in your bag, is it okay?"

"How did you know?"

"Dad-dar." Jack shrugs with a small smile.

"Dad, watch out!" The girl pulls him right before he was ran over by a bike.

"Thank you honey, I need to pay more attention...meanwhile you're my superhero."

"Super Liberty!" The girl yells as she punches the air.

Jack picks her up.

"Let's fly away to school super Liberty. A hero needs education."

"But the city needs me!" They chuckle.

Jack puts her down and they make a sharp turn to go to school.

"Lily look...grandma is gonna pick you up because I have a parent teacher meeting okay?"

The girl nods.

"I'll pick you up as soon as I'm done with it...and I'm handing out tests today."

"I'll correct the multiple choices!"

"You're the best helper ever." They chuckle.

Jack stops in front of her classroom and couches down.

"I love you my superhero."

"I love you too dad." She hugs him.

Jack smiles widely and pecks her cheek.

"Have fun okay?"

"You too." She kisses his nose lovingly, a habit she had ever since she was a baby.

"And tell your class I wished them good luck."

"I will cutie." Jack parts the hug and pecks her head.

"I love you Lily."

"I love you too dad." The girl walks in the classroom and Jack makes his way out the school.

He quickly makes his way to the bus stop, to not loose his ride to school.

Unfortunately, Jack's car broke down last week and there wasn't a replacement one for him.

Jack turns on his airpods and starts blasting music through them.

"No, Corbs I told you! I'm good with my job! I have to pay my rent I can't just go with you to new york!" The man spoke to the phone.