𝐼'𝑙𝑙 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑙𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠

"So Mr. Avery...after doing a thorough exam on Liberty...im afraid she does indeed has a speech impediment."

"What can we do to help it?"

"You can read aloud for her, have a reading time rule at your house, there are so many things you can do."

"Okay...thank you."

"And please be patient with her, she can develop anger issues or anxiety."

"We will, thank you so much doctor."

"Im scheduling anothe appointment in a year, I want to see progress with Liberty."

"We'll try our best."

"Thank you so much for everything."

The three walk out the room.

"Dad...does this mean I'm worse than other kids?" Liberty asks worriedly.

Jack stops walking and bends down to her level. Zach does the same.

"What? Of course not! Honey you're my perfect little princess that I love." He pecks her nose.

"But I have a speech...imp-imp."

"impediment...say it slowly hun...im-pe-di-ment." Zach tries to help.

"im-pe-di-ment...impe-di-ment...
impedi...ment...impediment." She tries her best.

"See? You just need a little time." Zach explains softly.

"Okay...I'll work really hard to make it up right? Like when we eat fast food!"

"Exactly honey...its exactly like that." Zach smiles and lightly pinches her cheek.

"And you don't have to feel less than anyone else...you're the smartest, most beautiful girl I ever laid eyes on."Jack compliments.

***

" Hello? "

"Hello...Am I speaking to Jonah Marais?"

"Yes, how can I help?"

"Hey I'm me...Zach Herron from the gallery...you gave me your-"

"I remember."

"I was wondering when you wanted to meet up so I can show you my artwork?"

"I'm going to Japan for two weeks, but I can schedule a meeting so you can show me more of your work...I'll text you a day, a time and a place."

"Yes, thank you so much!"

"It was nothing really...goodbye."

"Bye." Zach hangs up.

"We're scheduling a meeting in two weeks."

"Nicely done baby! I'm so proud!" Jack pecks him.

Zach smiles and kisses him again.

"I need to start working on them."

"And I need to make dinner. Can you watch Liberty for me?"

"Of course baby."

"You're the best." Jack smiles.

Zach pecks him.

***

"Babies, dinner's-"

"Shhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Jack stops himself from when he sees Zach with his head on Liberty's lap and the little girl playing with his hair.