𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑠

*two months later*

Zach gets out the building with a sad look on his face.

Jack and Liberty's smile turns to a frown.

"Did you pass?"

"Better watch out because I am gay and licensed!" Zach smiles widely as he displays his driver's license.

"Congrats baby! I'm so proud!"

"Congrats mamma!" Liberty hugs him tightly.

"Thank you babies...it means so much to me."

"So Mr. gay and licensed...what if you drove us to the park for some celebratory ice cream?"

"It seems like a plan."

***

The three were holding hands, walking in the park, their ice creams already were eaten by them.

Liberty's smile fades away quickly as she sees her mother.

Zach squeezes her hand softly, silently saying he's there.

"Hi." Jack says quietly and awkwardly.

"Hey...can we talk? Privately?" She looks at Zach.

"Nah...if you're gonna talk, do it in front of him." Jack rolls his eyes.

"You haven't texted to talk."

"I wonder why?"Zach mocks.

"Speak when spoken to."

Jack held back his brunet...he knew he was gonna throw hands.

"Don't talk to him like that just because you're jealous of him."

"I'm not jealous...just thinking you could do better-"

"Shut up! He's a better mom than you could ever be!" Liberty says loudly.

"You really are your fathers daughter huh? Can't keep that mouth shut."

Zach gets close to her.

"Listen here bitch, you abandoned your daughter and left a note to Jack saying you don't want her in your life, don't tell her to keep her mouth shut because she has every fucking right to be mad at you."

"Please...not here. Let's go somewhere more quiet. People are looking." Jack gets in between them.

"I'll drive." Zach mutters.

"No baby... you're too stressed. I'll do it."

***

They get to their car.

"I'm just so freaking pissed at her! She wants to be a part of Liberty's life just like that!"

"Baby."

"I know I haven't been in her life for too long but even I know she doesn't have good intentions!" He keeps going

"Baby...we're just talking it out. If I don't like where she's going with the conversation I'll ask her to leave."

"Is this my fault?" Liberty mutters.

"Of course not! Don't ever think it's your fault angel...it's not."

"But mamma swore and everything..."

"Thats because I'm mad at her."

"Look everything is gonna be okay, I'm gonna talk it out with her while you and Liberty stay in her room playing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. this is between me and her, I don't want to drag my babies into this."

"Okay baby..."