EIGHTEEN [Hades]

Hades POV

We arrived at the lake a while later. It was dark outside. The crescent moon hung in the sky and stars were scattered all over the sky. It was beautiful, but it also reminded me of Artemis, which made me sad, because I really wanted my godly-hood back.

I unsheathed my sword when we got there, and pointed the tip at Zeus and Poseidon, "I challenge you two, to a duel."

Zeus tilted his head, and Poseidon smirked. "ah, brother, we all know who will win," he said while pulling out his new sword. Zeus levelled his spear, Poseidon raised his sword. "Me." The three of us said in the same time, then we charged towards each other.

Then all chaos broke loose. Well, not literally.

I charged at Zeus at the same time when he ran towards Poseidon. Zeus jabbed his spear towards Poseidon, who easily deflected it with a flick from his sword. When the two were busily engaged in battle, I sprinted straight towards Zeus, and slashed my sword. In return, he jabbed me with his spear in lightning speed. I stepped aside quickly. He barely missed me. Poseidon threw his sword at me. Mind you, it was a sword, not a knife. Poseidon never failed to find ways to surprise me, like using a sword like a knife. I ducked and rolled right at the last minute. I collapsed into the mud.

Now, Zeus and Poseidon advanced towards me in the same time. "Hey! No fair!" I yelled at them as softly as I could. They stalked towards me slowly, Poseidon's sword pointed at me, while Zeus pointed the sharp end of his spear at me. "Aww, you're the oldest. Can't you hold back your own little brothers?" Poseidon teased. Then the two attacked in the same time. I jumped up and barely deflected Poseidon's attack, dodging Zeus at the last moment. "Why are you two both against me?" I asked while sweeping my sword in a wide arc around me, not letting them come closer. I was careful to keep my voice low, in case I woke the campers. The two jabbed me. I dodged. "Now this is getting fun, my dear brother." Zeus said with a smirk.

I jumped forward when the two were distracted, disarmed Poseidon, and jumped back. Poseidon stared at his empty hands in shock. "Here's a tip, pay attention to your opponent when in a duel." I said to him. A sharp jab of pain shot up my arm. "And here's a tip, brother, don't talk when in a duel," Zeus said. Dripping from the tip of his spear was blood. I looked down at my arm. A long, thin gash ran down it. Zeus smiled smugly.

"Oh, you—" I didn't finish my sentence, and charged at him. In a minute (yes a minute, now quiet, my brother isn't that bad at duelling), I had disarmed him and given him several small scars that would hopefully heal soon. I pressed him down on the floor, and pushed my arm up is throat, while pressing his arms to the floor. "I won," I whispered into his ear.

- - -☦︎︎- - -

𝚆𝚑𝚘𝚘 𝙸 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍!

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢... 𝙴𝚑... 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚑𝚎.

𝙷𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚕𝚢, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑* 𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕. [𝙽𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚊'𝚕𝚕.] 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚏𝚊𝚛 𝚜𝚘 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍. 𝙲𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚝!! 𝙸 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗, 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜. 𝙸 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 "𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝.

𝙷𝙰𝚅𝙴 𝙰 𝙽𝙸𝙲𝙴 𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝚈𝙰𝚈𝚈𝙰𝚈𝙰𝚈𝙰

𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚘𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜,
𝚂𝙲𝙰𝚁𝙻𝙴𝚃

[𝙸 𝙺𝙴𝙴𝙿 𝚃𝚈𝙿𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙼𝙴 𝙽𝙰𝙼𝙴 𝙰𝚂 𝚂𝙲𝙰𝚁𝙻𝚆𝚃 𝙶𝙰𝙷𝙷𝙷]