TWENTY [Poseidon]

Poseidon POV

Percy and Annabeth made no indication of the incident last night. They didn't corner us and demand questions, didn't give us looks, didn't act strangely around us. In other words, it was just like nothing had happened last night. I was about to corner them and demand why, but then Chiron came.

We were having lunch, and suddenly I heard hoof steps. [𝚒𝚍𝚔 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕... 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗] I turned just in time to see a centaur trotting towards us. I frowned. When he got closer, I got a good look at him and almost yelped out loud.

"Chiron alert." I whispered to Zeus and Hades. Hades was back to his usual silence and calm, and I was thankful for that. Even as a mortal, he was freaking scary last night. Zeus choked on his sandwich, and Hades looked unsurprised.

He looked up at Chiron. Already, a dozen demigods had surrounded him, and I saw Percy and Annabeth among them. Annabeth started talking, gesturing with her hands while Chiron frowned from time to time. He asked her something, and Annabeth pointed at us. Yep, they were talking about us.

Chiron walked up, well, trotted towards us and stood right in front of us. He was in centaur form, and it was getting hard to pretend not to notice his horse body. Chiron, as a centaur, was taller than us by a lot, so I had to look up at him. I tried to find something to say, "um, you're really... tall" was all I could think of. Annabeth narrowed her eyes at us.

Zeus continued to eat his food, ignoring Chiron, while Hades kept his head low. I laughed nervously, "uh, so what do you need?" I could feel all the campers' eyes on me. Of course they were. Chiron was sort of a leader at Camp.

Annabeth grabbed my collar, "What do you see?" She asked threateningly. "Uh, ahah, whatever do you m—mean?" I said nervously, refusing to meet her gaze. Annabeth was pretty scary at times.

"You see a centaur, don't you?" She asked. Zeus choked on his food, and Hades looked up at her, surprised that she would be so straightforward. I stuttered.

"That's stupid, centaurs don't exist." Hades finally said.

Annabeth ignored him. "They're demigods, alright. Bring them back to Camp." She said.

"Oh god." I murmured.

- - -☦︎︎- - -

𝙼𝚊𝚑 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜:

𝙸'𝙼 𝚂𝙾 𝚂𝙾𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚊𝚑𝚑𝚑 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗.

𝙷𝚖𝚖𝚖.

𝙷𝙼𝙼𝙼𝙼.

𝙷𝙼𝙼𝙼𝙼𝙼𝙼𝙼𝙼.

𝙾𝚔𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚊𝚒𝚒𝚒𝚒𝚒

𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚝