TWENTYTHREE [Poseidon]

Poseidon POV

That Kanice girl... Apollo's, Hades said? Bah. That shot was sloppy. Deflecting it was easy as pie, I didn't know why they were so surprised. Wait, right, maybe because I was a god. Duh.

As the three of us leaped into a defensive circle, I felt this huge excitement I hadn't felt for long. As if fighting the demigods was a game. Being on the same side, after so long, with Zeus and Hades, felt good. We were brothers, after all.

The three of us raised our weapons. Zeus duel [𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝙽𝙾 𝙸𝙳𝙴𝙰 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚞𝚎𝚕 𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚊𝚑𝚑𝚑] Clarisse, and me and Hades defeated anyone who came near our circle. We drove back the demigods, and they backed towards the lake.

Right at that moment, I stepped into the water, and felt a surge of energy course through me. It was painful, and I clutched my stomach. The sword cut I had gotten from just now was starting to sting. In the corner of my eye, I saw Hades and Zeus bend over, weapons clattering to the floor. Hades managed to cough out a, "What the heck—"

Then, the strangest thing happened. The water from the lake surrounded me, swirling. A pool of darkness enveloped Hades, and the grass around him died. Zeus raised his spear, and lightning flashed down to its tip. The demigods backed deeper into the water, looking horrified. Looking back, it was a beautiful scene.

[𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚒𝚜... 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚘 𝙱𝙴 𝙿𝚁𝙴𝙿𝙰𝚁𝙴𝙳 𝙼𝚄𝙰 𝙷𝙰 𝙷𝙰]

They stared at us with horrified looks, but then I realised that they weren't looking at us, but at the air above us. I looked up, bewildered. It was already fading, but there was the sign of... of me. The trident, glowing and blue. I gaped at it. On top of Zeus and Hades, their sign glowed too, but then I realised the difference. The signs floating on top of us, were somehow more elaborate than the ones we claim our children with.

[𝚋𝚊𝚑𝚊𝚑𝚊 𝚒𝚍𝚔 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚛]

The sign vanished just as the rest of the demigods arrived, along with Chiron. He must have seen the signs just now, because he smiled at us, completely unsurprised.

"What's wrong? Games over, and you weren't even there, Clarisse." Annabeth said. Clarisse looked shocked, and she slowly picked up her spear, still keeping her eyes on us. Then Annabeth saw us and smiled knowingly. She thinks we defeated her. But it had been more than that. We had claimed... ourselves.

- - -☦︎︎- - -

News spread. Clarisse must've told everyone, because the next day the three of us were sent to our different cabins.

Of course, Percy was in Cabin 3. [𝚒𝚝 𝙸𝚂 𝚌𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚗 𝟹, 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝? 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝙸 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐]

The moment I stepped in, I saw that Percy and Annabeth were both there. "Hey, bro." Percy said. He looked calm, but I knew better. He was fiddling with his pen/sword Riptide, and his eyes darted around the room nervously.

Annabeth asked the first question, "you said your dad was in jail."

"We didn't know he was our step-dad." I had no choice but to lie to them.