10

you weren't sure if you should tell your parents

a part of you thought, well, they're too busy, you shouldn't distract them, but the other part thought, they're your parents! they deserve to know if their child is going to die!

so for the time being, you just decided on keeping it on the down low. saying that you had a bad case of the flu, your parents easily believed you, and allowed you to stay home. and it's not like it was totally unbelievable, because ever since that day at the hospital, you had gotten more sickly. coughing and throwing up was inevitable and your body just seemed to be getting weaker.

it had been two days since your appointment, so it was now a tuesday. a day that might've been regular for other students, but it was a long day for you. a day full of contemplation, "should i receive the surgery? or should i keep my feelings for shoyo and die with them?"

it might've been cliche, but hinata was one of the reasons for your happiness for the past 6 years. before meeting him, your life had been dull and boring but ever since you became friends, you seemed to find the world brighter, in a sense.

but then a thought came to you.. maybe hinata had the answer to your question.

smiling weakly, you got out of the bed you had been lying in for the past two days, quickly brushing your hair and getting changed in your uniform, you rushed out of the house and hopped onto your bike.

quickly pedalling, you made your way to the school as fast as you possibly could. a dark feeling of anxiety rested in the pit of your stomach, but at the same time you couldn't help but feel giddy. this would be it!

as you arrived at the school, you quickly chained up your bike to the bike rack and rushed into the school. thankfully no one was really around, so you just tried to look down to hide your face. it was lunchtime so most people were out doing things for their break anyway!

you speed-walked down the halls, making your way up to the area where you knew hinata would be eating his lunch. the two of you usually ate together on the roof, so you figured he would be there!

your plan was to confess to him. if he accepted it, you wouldn't need the surgery! if he didn't, then you knew what would happen. and you had been friends for so long now, maybe he would feel the same!

opening up the door to the roof, you heard two very familiar voices talking, so you stopped to listen what they had to say.

"wow! u-uh, i think my jacket looks.. really good on you.."

"r-really? thank you so much for letting me wear it! it's.. c-cute, just like you.."

peeking your head out the door frame, your eyes landed on hinata, and yachi who was adorned in hinata's jacket. it was the same one he had let you wear at the festival.. the same one he had said that you looked good in.. and the same one yachi was kissing him in.

your eyes widened in shock and you could feel your heart break. seeing hinata kiss yachi was unbearably painful, and you couldn't understand. you figured hinata liked her, but you denied. you got your hopes up for nothing!

at the moment, you didn't care if they could hear you, you let the door fall closed as you ran down the stairs, the overwhelming familiar feeling of flowers crawling their way up your throat returning. although this time, it was so bad you couldn't breathe. running to the bathroom, you gasped for air.

just before you could make it into the restroom, you collapsed on the ground, in the most excruciating pain you had ever felt. you clawed at your own throat, trying to release the flowers and thorns that were killing you. tears streamed down your cheeks, as you tried to cry out, "help me!" but only came out as a whisper.

"flower girl?" a voice called out, and you looked up at the person before vomiting another flower.

"[last name]!" footsteps ran towards you, but you couldn't hear them. your vision was getting hazier and was slowly fading to black, and no matter how hard you tried to speak, you just couldn't.

"[last name], please hold on! i'll call an ambulance..!" tsukishima said, pulling out his phone while pulling you into his arms, not caring about the blood and flowers that were getting on his uniform.

your hands stopped grabbing at your throat, and you slowly began to close your eyes as your body shut down. although just before you passed out completely, you heard more running footsteps and a small piece of a conversation.

"oh my god! [first name]-chan! w-what happened?!"

"shut up hinata! you caused this!"

there was more too it, but you didn't care. everything hurt too much. you were tired, so tired.

you went limp in tsukishima's arms.

choose your fate.