10. Proximity

He'd thrown his phone away in a hurry, landing it on the couch before even closing the line. Y/N was home. And it was time to confess. Suddenly the man felt as if he was suffocating. He could hear her steps coming closer and felt like he was playing a part in a horror movie. His heart beat fast. His palms were sweating. Was he really ready?
'Shota?' Y/N opened the kitchen door to find him standing in the middle of the mess he'd created.
'Wait, I- hear me out before you say anything, okay?' he sighed, looking at her, trying to calm himself down again. Was he really ready?
On the other hand the woman's lips have formed the happiest grin he'd ever seen. She was looking around the room, taking in the sight before her eyes as if she was in some kind of a fairy tale. There were two vases with red roses on top of the table, a white tablecloth beneath them. Between the vases was placed an expensive red wine. There were two big wine glasses, silverware, a few red scented candles. But most importantly there he was, his hair pulled back, shaved, with a white shirt and black pants, looking annoyed. But his energy was not negative. Y/N could tell he was happy to do this.
Before both of them could think about it, the woman had put her purse on the ground and started walking towards him in a hurry. Worry was written all over the man's features. Was she mad? Was he wrong to be so sure of her feelings after last night? Was there something wrong with the setup?
While his mind was going over all that, Y/N warped her hands around his shoulders and buried her face in his chest. Then, without thinking, he embraced her as well. Taking in her scent, her warmth, her presence. And his mind cleared again.
'I know that it's coming with a delay, but I love you.' he whispered, forgetting all about the speech he had prepared.
'I love you too, Shota.' Y/N smiled and looked up at him.
Their eyes met as their smiles grew wider. And then Aizawa started to wonder - where was the boundary now? Was he allowed to kiss her? To hold her like that? To bask in her presence as much as he needed?
The same questions flowed in her mind too. But before she could start analyzing the situation, Aizawa leaned in slowly, breathing out a quiet question:
'May I?'
But Y/N couldn't find her words. So she met him halfway. It felt so strange. His lips against hers. Her lips against his. The peck was filled with nothing but pure love. A bliss. And she leaned in a second time. They both needed more. But after the second peck he pulled away.
'I might not hold back anymore if you go on like that. And dinner's gonna go to waste.' one of his hands found it's way to her cheek and caressed it. The woman leaned in his touch, closing her eyes.
'What are we eating?' she giggled, putting one of her hands on top of his, keeping it next to her face.
'(Favorite dish). I tried to cook it, but I' ve ordered two portions too.'
Y/N opened her eyes and smiled again.
'Let's dig in then.'
At first they were silent. At first it was a bit awkward. At first they felt like they still have to hold back. But Y/N was first to shake off all these thoughts.
'How much time were you hiding it from me?' her eyes met his as she pulled out a cigarette from her pack.
'Honestly?' Aizawa seemed embarrassed by her question.
'Yeah. I'm gonna go first if you wanna. It's been 11 years for me.' the woman giggled, looking down.
'Sounds fair. It's been 10 for me.' he sighed, relieved at last.
'So you're gonna tell me that we both wasted 10 years of our lives? We could' ve been married with children by now.' Y/N's childish whine made him chuckle.
'Well, we'll just have to live with it.'
'I guess we are both at fault. Especially me, the one with the major in psychology.'
'Yeah, but you were personally involved so not noticing is not that big of a deal.'
'In the end all that matters is that one of us confessed.' her laugh was like a song.
Dinner went on filled with small talk. They held hands on the table, while sipping on the wine. Cigarette after cigarette, Y/N's head seemed to become haizer. Then, a second bottle was open. They had to celebrate after all.
'Wanna cuddle and watch a movie?' her words were a bit slurred already.
'You sure?' he took another sip and locked their eyes once again.
'More than ever.' the woman giggled and stood up. 'We can sleep in my room tonight.'
Before he could reply, she was putting away the dishes. And then he realized how much alcohol he'd had.
'We're both drunk now.' but Aizawa was standing up too, despite his protest.
'We've lost 10 years of affection.' the woman flashed him a smile, taking the glasses and wine in her hands.
Aizawa leaned down and pecked her lips again. It felt good to be able to do as he desired.
Next thing they knew, they were both half-naked in bed, watching (random movie). Aizawa's hand was securely holding her waist as his other hand played with her hair. From time to time he'd kiss her forehead or cheeks. Whenever she sensed him leaning in, they'd lock lips. Her fingers were intertwined with his as her thumb was drawing circles on the back of his hand. In the peace of the night she realized that she was ready to give anything to have that proximity with him. And even more. While his head wss filled with one thing - he didn't want anyone else to be this close to her. And now he could call her his, which meant that he was free to feel jealous. And the thing that stopped him from being possessive over her was gone.