𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐧

"Oh my gosh!" Evie said. "I can't believe he wouldn't tell you that he has anxiety." Uma said. "I know but he said he was busy." I said. "I told him that he should have but he doesn't listen sometimes." She replied and I nodded. "Is it always this sunny?" I asked and Evie shook her head yes. "I should have worn sunscreen then probably." I said. "I don't need to, I have indian blood. Curtsy of my parents." Uma said and I looked outside. FYI, Uma also has dark skin which is why she mainly has indian blood. "Are you okay?" I asked Uma. "My father and mother were lying to me...." She whispered. "About what?" I asked her. "They lied to me that I have two younger siblings cause I found that it was the truth." Uma said as tears went down her face and I looked at Evie. Her mouth was dropped and I sighed. "I'm so sorry, Uma." I said and she cried into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and Evie wrapped her arms around us both. 

After she cried, we went to the office and knocked on the door. The door opened and it was Ben. "Ben, can we talk?" Evie asked. "Of course, come inside." He said and opened the door. We went inside and he closed the door. I sat on the right, Uma sat in the middle, and Evie sat on the left seat. "What's going on?" Ben asked and Uma bit her bottom lip. "Celia & Freddie are my siblings and they need to get off the Isle away from my father cause he might kill them." Uma said. "Why? What happened?" Ben asked. "Back on the Isle, I found out a secret that my mother told me a couple weeks ago. My father had custody of all three of us when I was a toddler and he tried to kill all three of us. He made a deal that these people were going to keep track of us whenever he wanted them to kill us. My mother said that a day would come where my sisters would die." Uma said and I held her hand while my right hand was wrapped around her shoulder.

"Do you know their last name?" Ben asked as he wrote down some things. "Facilier." Uma said and she leaned her head against my shoulder as more tears went down her face. "We'll send a limo over to the Isle to pick them up." Ben said and we smiled in gratefulness that he was doing this for her. "Hey, is everything alright in here?" Harry asked and we looked at the door. "Yeah, we're just getting some kids off the Isle for Uma." I told him and he came over. He wrapped his arms around Uma's shoulders and she leaned her head up at him. "Your sisters are gonna be safe. I'm gonna go to the Isle with the guards and help get your sisters into the limo. They'll be fine." Harry said and kissed her head. "What? Why? You could get hurt for all I know." I told Harry. "Listen to me. Uma's younger sisters are at risk of dying and someone needs to go to make sure they are okay on the ride here. I've known the Facilier longer than Uma, know their territory, and know Dr Facilier himself. So, I need to go." Harry said and I sighed. He kissed my head and looked at Ben. 

"You can go." Ben said and Uma smiled while leaning against Harry. "Then I'm going with." I said and Harry looked at me. "Maddie, no. It's too dangerous." He told me. "Dangerous is my middle name and it means saving my girlfriend's sisters, then so be it." I said and he sighed. "Fine but your not leaving my side the whole time." Harry said and wrapped his other arm around me. "I'm scared, guys. What if Celia and Freddie die? What if you guys die?" Uma said. "We're not gonna die. I will talk to my Dad to see what he can do." Harry said. "If it's to keep your sisters, Uma, I say that Harry can get the stuff he needs from his Dad." Ben said and Uma bit her lip. "I can't handle this." Uma said and I grabbed her face with hands. "Uma Thalassia Willa, listen to me. I know that you are about mine & Harry's safety but I promise you that we will be fine." I told her and she leaned her head against my chest. 

I ran my fingers through her hair and looked at Harry. He looked back at me, I nodded at him, and Harry rubbed her shoulders. "When are doing this?" Evie asked as she rubbed Uma's knee. "Most likely, tomorrow evening at 7:30. We get in, find the girls, get out. Simple as pie." Harry said. "Who's gonna make sure that Uma doesn't follow us?" I asked. "What? I-I wouldn't." Uma said and I looked at her in the corner of my eye. "Fine. I'll stay but if anything happens..." She said. "Which it won't." I told her. "I'll watch her. Just in case." Ben said. "Me too." Evie said. "Where's your security system?" Harry asked. "Follow me." Ben said and we followed him. Evie opened the door and went inside the room. Ben turned on the lights and I saw Uma's breath catch her throat. "Uma, just relax. Nothing will go wrong during the pick up." I told her and she nodded. We sat down at the long table and Ben turned on the big screen. The two medium computers turned on and I saw a map of the Isle of the Lost. 

"Why is there a map of the Isle of the Lost?" Uma asked and I could tell she was nervous. "Because we need to know what is going on there which is why it's gonna follow you guys." Ben said.