Chapter Nineteen: Who Lives and Who Dies

Zion didn't think he could despise the woman more than he already did. But when he heard his angel's whisper, his hatred for the older angel grew. Before him was the woman who abused his mate for years without anyone knowing. Who isolated his mate and caused him to feel alone. Who tortured him for going to Earth. Of course, she was the voice inside Malak's head.

The fact that Zion didn't realize this sooner annoyed the demon. It was so obvious. If only he had realized sooner, maybe they wouldn't have been in this situation. But now he had to think of something else to do. He wasn't going to let his angel get hurt.

"Leave him alone," Zion commanded sternly, fighting against his chains.

Seraphine, the older angel, ignore the demon and focused on the petrified angel. Her lips curled into a devilish smile as she saw a few tears roll down his cheeks. She did expect him to cry this soon. The blindfold was very helpful though as it took away the young angel's sight. This would make him more afraid and she loved that.

Ever since she had taken the angel, she enjoyed seeing the angel in pain. Of course, she didn't have to hurt the angel. There were other ways to break him down for her plan to work. But it wasn't as fun.

"You've failed me, Child," she menacingly stated. Her grip tightened on the young angel causing him to whimper in pain. His mate was threatening her but she couldn't care less. He wasn't as important as the angel. She only needed to use him to get the angel to comply.

Malak tightly squeezed his eyes shut. The tone in her voice caused painful memories to violently flash through his mind. Every time she spoke in that tone the same thing happened. She tortured him.

"I am sorry," he replied meekly. "Please do not hurt me again."

Zion's heart broke when he heard his angel beg. The pain in his voice was evident. There was nothing Zion could do to help. The older angel wouldn't listen to him and his mate was too petrified to notice him. Zion wished he could promise his mate they'd make it out safe. But even if they did get out, Zion knew neither of them would be the same after this. Especially his angel.

Chuckling, Seraphine released her grip on the angel. She truly did enjoy how much power she held over him. "Oh, Child, I'm not going to hurt you. No, I need you. But your mate on the other hand," she trails off with a smirk.

"N-no! Do not hurt him!" The angel fearfully cried.

His guardian's evil laugh caused Malak's heart to race. She was near where his mate was or at least he thought. The young angel really hated the fact that he couldn't see anything. She could hurt his mate and he wouldn't even know unless he could hear it.

Sadly, feeling useless was a common feeling for Malak. He was grateful that Zion never made him feel that way. Instead, Zion taught him to defend himself when he asked and even answered all his questions. His demon never judged him or got angry with him, unlike his guardian.

She constantly made him feel useless. There was never a moment where she hadn't put him down either physically or mentally. He always did everything wrong. There wasn't one thing he could do right and now his mate was going to be the one punished. It was all Malak's fault for failing his guardian again. Though the young angel wasn't exactly sure what he did.

"Remember, Child, this is all your fault," she plainly stated. "Honestly, I thought you'd be the perfect angel for me to use. I mean you were the perfect choice. A pure-blooded angel born from demons in Hell! It was perfect. I could isolate you and make sure you're the most innocent angel to ever exist. Then I could leave you on Earth and hope your demon blood would convince you to sin.

"But no! Instead, you had to meet your mate. He made sure you didn't sin and that ruined my plans! I was supposed to be the most powerful angel that ever existed but you had to fail me! I should've taken over Hell by now and lead demons to destroy Heaven and Earth! You always ruin everything, Child. Now, you'll do what I say or your mate will be punished for your mistakes. Since punishing you clearly doesn't work!"