Chapter Seven

Adrien sighed deeply as he took the miraculous that belonged to Marinette. He placed each earring on his ears and felt the foreign tingling in his spine. His eyes darted from Nathalie then to the rest of the occupants of the private sanctuary. Marinette could sense his distress and went towards him to wrap her arms around his waist from behind.

   "Are you alright, my prince?" she whispered.

   "Yes... Just a bit worried that's all..."

   Marinette smiled and placed her lips on his cheek making him smile. Adrien looked at her and wrapped his arms around her in a warm embrace, the girl mimicking his actions before they pulled away.

   Adrien glanced towards his feet then looked back at his father.

   "So... So since you said the price of equal value to be paid is possibly the deletion of the future we live in now so that dad can undo his mistake and create a new future for all of us,

   Doesn't that mean we'll be forgetting the progress we've made now? Wouldn't we have to re-live our lives and forget everything that has happened?"

   "Plausibly, yes," said Tikki. "But Hawkm— Mr. Gabriel will be able to remember since he'll be the one undoing his mistake. Also, us kwamis here will be unable to forget since we're... y'know. Gods and such."

   Adrien sighed and took Marinette's hands into his.

   "So we might... forget us?" The girl smiled and tightened her hold on his hands.

   "That's the least of our worries, Adrien. Fate already made it clear that we'll be ending up together one way or another. It'll be like..." she smiled in thought. "Falling in love all over again."

   The adults in the background couldn't help but tear up and smile at the exchange. Gabriel held Emilie close and gave her a small peck on the forehead making her tighten her grip around him. She turned to Gabriel and looked at him with a serious expression— whispering something important.

   "Listen, Gabriel, in my pocket was a letter all along when I knew I couldn't hold out for much longer. I always hoped you could find it when you gave me a thorough search, but, apparently you weren't able to," he looked at her, shocked.

   "This time, I've revised the letter. If the wish works, I want you to read it to Nathalie if things don't go well," he stared at her in disbelief but sighed and nodded.

    They watched Adrien smile, giving one last kiss on Marinette's lips before finally pulling away.

   "I'm ready," he said causing everyone to look at him, determined and proud.

   "Plagg, claws out!"

   There stood Chat Noir twirling his baton before finally turning to the other kwami.

   "Plagg, Tikki, unify!"

   He felt the surge of energy phase through his body making him smile in anticipation. Voices were silently whispering to him before they tuned down. He looked at his mother and gave her one final hug. The others embraced them as well, letting a few stray tears run down their cheeks before pulling away.

   "See you soon, Nathalie..."

   He whispered his wish while he listened to incomprehensible incantations playing simultaneously in his head. He closed his eyes and felt the power running up his body as a bright glow illuminated their surroundings. He clenched his fists tightly as the voices grew louder and louder as he shone blindingly. He understood some parts of the incantations because they had been said in Chinese. It felt like the voices began conversing with one another.