Chapter Nineteen

Nightfall came and it was about time for Nathalie to leave for the night. She walked towards Gabriel's podium where he was working on his designs.

   "Sir, the news team wanted to have an interview with you on live television. Will you accept and be there at the set in person? Or... Just through another videocall?"

   Gabriel pouted in deep thought.

   "I think I want to be there in person. I want it to happen by next week. My schedule isn't too bunched up by then, right?"

   Nathalie nodded and added the appointment on the timetable on her tablet and sighed in content after finalizing everything. She gripped her tablet, her eyes wandering at the ground beneath her. Gabriel didn't even need his miraculous to sense her disconcert.

   "Nathalie, love, is anything wrong?"

   She looked up at him and pursed her lips. Her expression was still like how she'd appear usually but there was a tinge of uneasiness.

   "Just say it, Nathalie. Is anything bothering you, my dear?"

   "Gabriel," she started, a little unsure. "Chloe called me earlier tonight. It's just... Mrs. Bourgeois verbally degraded her again. She 'accidentally' called her useless just because she got the wrong bag from the Louis Vuitton brand. I... was wondering if..."

   "If I could bring myself to schedule a fake meeting with her but it will just be you getting some alone time with her to knock some sense into her head? Go ahead, Nathalie. If you did it before you can do it again," he gave an encouraging smile.

   Nathalie's eyes glimmered in awe and a delighted grin graced her lips. She ran towards him and wrapped her arms around his torso in a grateful embrace. He sighed in content and returned the gesture, placing a kiss on her hair. She slightly pulled away and looked him in the eyes with her own dazzling with joy.

   "Thank you, Gabriel. I love you," she whispered as a blush materialized on her cheeks.

   "I love you too. You know I would do anything for you this time."

   He pulled away to take one of her pins that she had given to him earlier and placed it gently on her bun where it had once belonged. She leaned forward and placed a kiss on his lips.

   "I need to go. I'll see you tomorrow," she blew him one final kiss when Duusu suddenly appeared.

   "Can I come with Miss Nathalie?"

   "Yes, of course, Duusu. Nooroo, say goodnight to them."

   Nooroo nodded politely and bade them farewell, "Good night Miss and to you too, Duusu. See you tomorrow!"

   The rest of the week continued on. Despite the change was surprisingly evident, it was the best type of change that could happen in their lives. Gabriel never spent a night in the atelier anymore and slowly, he began conquering his fear that would make him frantic. Adrien sometimes ate at Marinette's house to be able to get to know more about her parents and vice versa. Their friends have still remained entirely amused by their relationship and the tabloids went crazy with Gabriel Agreste's sudden re-appearance in public along with his family as well as the disappearance of the villain well-known as Hawkmoth. It was a great relief for the entire city and they were awestruck with the changes visibly appearing ever since the whole recurring debacle.

   The family-to-family dinner that happened at the end of the week was nothing but amazing. The bond they had made between each other surpassed what they had expected prior. Pictures of their last photoshoot were leaked in different social media platforms earning simultaneous reactions from fans and viewers. Most were honestly positive and fortunately, only a few were striking groundless gossips. The inclusion of Marinette and her parents in said photoshoot wasn't what surprised the crowd the most. Rather, the inclusion of Nathalie Sancoeur, Gabriel Agreste's personal assistant. Some had began commenting ruthless things about her. This occurence reached Nadja Chamack.