Chapter Twenty-two

Without even bothering to de-transform, the trio burst through the window, shocking the occupants of the room. They made a beeline to the woman laying down on the bed and stopped short on each of the edges.

"H-Hawkmoth?!" They exclaimed and took on defensive stance.

Clearly the animosity was hard to get rid of given Hawkmoth's impact on the Parisian's life. But he couldn't care less. All he cared about was Nathalie and Nathalie alone.

"Ladybug? Chat Noir?" Audrey stared at them.

"Why is he here?" Tom grimaced towards the older miraculous wielder.

Before anybody could speak, a portal opened revealing another unfamiliar face.

"Bunnyx!" The two exclaimed.

"Minibug, Kitty Noir. We need to talk. You too, Hawkmoth."

Hawkmoth's head shot up at his name, his eyes flooded with tears as an evidence of his sorrow. The rest of the adults could only stare in perplexity.

"Did we miss something or...?" Nadja whispered to them earning a shrug.

"Listen, Minibug. Something came up in the future. Another destructive outcome of grief and misery. Way worse than the Chat Blanc incident."

"Chat... Blanc?" Chat Noir raised a brow.

"That's a story for another time, mon chaton," she kissed his cheek.

"Listen, because of Nathalie's current predicament, it drove rage to bloom into something worse than grief. A maelstrom of emotions instigated such a tragedy and this time... There is no telling what will happen even though I could easily flip through one event or two. Before I continue, Minibug, Kitty, gather your team and bring the miracle box," the two nodded and fled outside, leaving Hawkmoth with Bunnyx and the rest of the bemused occupants.

"Wait. Where's Mr. Agreste and the kids?" Sabine exclaimed, worry writ on her face.

Bunnyx threw a knowing glance at Hawkmoth who fortunately understood.

"Dark wings fall," he stood as his transformation dropped, earning shocked gasps and expressions of disbelief.

"You were..."

"Yes. I did it to take the miraculouses that belonged to Ladybug and Chat Noir. For if fused and recited with a special incantation, one wish can be granted. And that one wish was to bring back my wife who is currently in the basement of my house, resting in an incubator. She had used the peacock miraculous but unbeknownst to us, it was corrupted, leading to her comatose-like state," Audrey looked at the jewel in her hand.

"Is... Is that what's happening to her now?" she showed him the miraculous which he immediately took. "Is she beginning to take the same turn as her?"

"No! No, of course not. The miraculous had been fixed by this time. Believe it or not, I already succeeded in taking their miraculouses and made my wish," they gasped. "I got my wish. But Emilie was... different. She became different on purpose. Because the price was too high to pay. Soon, Adrien made another wish. We had all agreed... All for Nathalie.

Amidst what had happened to her, Emilie's actions- her distance- made me realize the magnitude of the aftermath befallen on our shoulders. Nothing was ever the same. My feelings.. My feelings weren't... the same. I realized I love her.

Emilie wanted for us to make things right. And with her permission, I urged myself to follow my heart and wished her back- reverting things back to the way they should be. We already live in the alternate timeline but as it appears, the wish still isn't paid in full. And whatever is happening, Nathalie's state is still not fully paid."