Chapter Fifteen

They stayed in the car a little longer though to savor the macarons and croissants.

"Nathalie? Were you already close with Chloe by this time?"

"Well, yes. She's been calling me for months now to talk with me about her life. Our conversations eventually drove us closer to each other. The young Miss Bourgeois, despite her bratty attitude, is an amazing girl who only wants nothing but her mother's affection. Remember that time when I had to do last minute shopping for Adrien's official schooling, sir?" He hummed in confirmation.

"Well, when the car was unavailable, I had to go back by subway. The train took longer than expected so I had to sit and wait. I didn't even realize that someone was there with me until I heard the quiet sobs. I didn't bother to acknowledge her at first but it felt necessary. She was stubborn to explain her whole situation to someone who was just an assistant. Gosh I think I would have thrown her off the platform when she said that I was a nobody and didn't deserve her attention.

Thank heavens I didn't. Eventually she just... blurted it out. I kept quiet, but I understood her situation. That Audrey is a big idiot. She got mad at poor Chloe for mailing her the wrong shade of an eyeshadow. An. EYE. SHA. DOW. Is she even a mother?"

Gabriel chuckled in amusement at Nathalie's story. Audrey truly was a big jerk.

"But do you remember that you have actually befriended her and brought understanding for their relationship with one another?" Gabriel asked.

Nathalie smiled. "Of course I do. But now that this magic happened, at this time, I'm only close with little Chloe."

They eventually had enough of the snack. The gentlemen exited first to open the doors for their lovely partners. Of course, the sight of the once recluse fashion designer earned shocked and excited looks. There was no paparazzi but bright flashes came from their surroundings. Not only that. The world was still unaware of the relationship of Marinette and Adrien causing them to be shocked at how she was dropped off to school in a car with the two fashionable blondes. They didn't move far away from the car at first to discuss their lunch plans. Eventually, they had started walking through the inner court of the school, maneuvering through the surprising number of crowds that had gathered around them.

"Wouldn't you want lunch at the Eiffel Tower?" Gabriel asked.

"Why the Eiffel Tower though?" Adrien chuckled. "We could just eat at home like always."

"I just feel like it. But what about a nearby restaurant? Today feels like a great and special day!" he laughed as he pulled Nathalie close.

"Let's just stick to restaurant, sir. You need to get out more anyway," Nathalie commented with a smile.

"Adriki- M-Mr. Gabriel?" Chloe paled at her realization.

"Hello, Chloe. How are you?"

She smirked. "I'm fine sir. Utterly fine," she laughed at her own remark as she walked over to them, giving them the typical cheek to cheek greeting- Gabriel first, Adrien next, even Nathalie wasn't left hanging, then Mari-

"What do you think you're doing here? This is not your level, Dupain-Cheng. Shoo."

Marinette knew better than to be mad at her. Instead, she just laughed.

"What do you mean? They dropped me off here too," she said with her usual confidence.

"Anything for my son's girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?!" The term reverberated around the campus, their audience exclaiming in unison.

Chloe hung her jaw in evident shock. Once Nathalie noticed that she was going to have an outburst, she immediately cleared her throat, causing the said girl to immediately look at her. The look on the woman's face served as a reminder for Chloe to be nice. She had suggested for her to try on a better demeanor for a change to gain social support from those around her. She was trying her best however, sometimes, she just forgets. But today, Nathalie was here to let her recall their deal. Fortunately, it worked seeing Chloe shut her mouth and laugh nervously to cover up her embarrassment. Not that she was embarrassed at showing her attitude to the open crowd, but, to show Nathalie that she was apologetic.