Strip And Dare

"All right, Riley, you ask someone."
We've been playing for about fifteen minutes, six people have taken a turn asking and daring. My legs are starting to fall asleep and so is Mel after drinking most of the rest of her cup. Not as part of the game, but just because she got bored while it wasn't her turn.
My eyes are on Logan, he's laughing with his friends, sending me the occasional smirk. If it wasn't for Mel's head on my shoulder, I would have already had my hands around his neck.
Riley looks around the circle and her eyes stop on David.
"David," she says, drawing the word out, the drinking has obviously given her much more confidence, "who in this circle do you want to make out with the most, right now?"
He swallows, pretty much everyone knows the answer but we all wait in anticipation for him to speak.
"You." He says.
She smiles, "Do it."
Truth and Dare.
I raise my eyebrows at her bold move, but David doesn't seem to mind.
He rushes over to her and knees in front of her, not even hesitating to capture her lips in his.
The circle of people gasps and some shout encouragement at David as he continues to kiss her.
He's been waiting on this for weeks.
"My best friend is a whore." Mel notes to me and I laugh.
"Get a room." I tell David.
He stops for a second and looks at Riley, "You wanna?"
Mel nods, "She wanna."
That's all it takes for them to run down the hallway hand in hand, slipping into his parent's room and slamming the door shut.
      "Who's next?"
     "I am."
I swear I'm going to rip his tongue out.
     Logan smiles, "Melanie."
     I sit up straight. She sits up, excited that someone finally said her name.
     "What's up?" She chirps.
      "Are you bored, Melanie?" He asks sardonically,not even looking at her.
     He's taunting me. Waiting for me to hit him in front of all these people.
     "Very much." Mel answers.
     "Do you want me to make things interesting?"
     "Logan." I warn.
     "Yes!" She exclaims.
      Suddenly Logan grins, standing up, "New game everyone! Not that different from this one. Strip or dare."
      A few shouts of encouragement go through tour the circle.
      Strip or dare. You get a crazy dare, something stupid that will get recorded and posted all over social media, if not, you take off one item of clothing. Darer's choice.
      "You're on thin ice, Parker."
     He grins at me, "We all want to play right?"
      Everyone whoops in agreement.
     "We'll start easy," he says, "Melanie, I dare you to kiss the person on you're left on the forehead." He says.
      It's a girl I've never talked to. Mel rolls her eyes, "You said it wasn't gonna be boring." She whines and then pecks the girl's head, crossing her arms with a pout.
      "It won't be." He says.
      We go around the circle a few times, I'm dared to do a backflip down the stairs and make out with girl across from me. I've taken off my shirt and one shoe.
      Mel is back to leaning against me idly.
      Suddenly it's Logan's turn again, and his stare is right back on Mel.
Don't beat him until you're alone. No witnesses, no trouble.
     You mean no Mel, no hurting her. Wuss.
      "Melanie, I dare you to kiss Mason."
      My eyes widen.
     Mel looks at him, "On the forehead?"
      "On the mouth." He confirms, laughing.
      "Logan- Mel, you don't have to do this. This is a stupid game anyways."
      Her bottom lips pushes itself out and her eyes full with tears. She's crying.
      What. The. Fuck.
      "You don't want to? You don't think I'm pretty enough?"
      My mouth drops open.
Note to self: never let her drink again.
      "I didn't say that." I tell her.
      She rolls her eyes, going from hurt to angry as she pushes herself off of me and stands up. Most of the group has finished and found other things or people to occupy their attention. Logan is just watching the interaction with a smirk.
      "You're a complete asshole, Mason. You're- you're stupid! That's what you are. A complete stupid asshole." She shouts, struggling to find insults as she starts to walk away from me.
      I stand up in a hurry.
      "Mel, calm down."
     "Don't call me that stupid name you stupid jerk."
      I try to grab her arm but she pulls away, the first time she did that tonight.
      "Don't touch me." She snaps.
      I roll me eyes, "Come on, let's get you home."
      "Oh," she snorts, "so you can not kiss me some more?"
      "You're making no sense."
      "I'm gonna find a ride, so I don't have to sit next to your stupid face."
       I have to hold back laughter at how many times she's said the word stupid.
      What I can't figure out is why she's so mad. I was trying to help her, trying to make sure she wasn't embarrassed in front of those people. Why would she get so mad about that?
      Unless.
You don't think...
      "Mel," I ask her, "did you want to kiss me?"
      Her face turns red and she crosses her arms, "Absolutely not. Never. Nope." She rants.
      I turn around to make sure Logan isn't still watching and I see that he's caught up in some other girl, ignoring us finally.
You'll get him when we're alone.
      "You wanted to kiss me." I say to her as I turn back around.
      "Shut up!"
      "Mel-"
      "Leave me alone." She snaps before she takes another step backwards and her eyes widen.
      Her heel is off the edge of the stairs, I didn't even notice how close we were getting. I reach out to try and grab her hand but she falls backwards in what looks like slow motion.
       I can't do anything as she falls and tumbles, hitting her head on almost step down.
Oh God, oh God.
      A few people collectively gasp as they see her roll down and slam to the bottom.
      It's only when she's laying at the bottom of the stairs, not moving, that I snap into action and run after her.
      "Mel? Oh my God, are you okay? Mel?" I shout as I'm bouncing down the stairs.
      And it's when I finally kneel next to her that I realize.
      Her jacket is opened and falling off of her shoulders.
      And her arms are covered in bruises.