♡T W E L V E♡

Chapter 12

"We will get put in there?" you ask slightly scared by the thought.

San nods slowly.

"But," he begins as he looks you in the eyes, "I won't let that happen."

You nod, but the thought doesn't leave your head. You decide it is smarter to just trust San and not worry, but in any given situation, not let your guard down.

♡ ♡ ♡

The next three weeks continued to go on as if normal, but something changed. Because of you, people began to question how scary the boys you hung out with really were, until today. 

It was Monday. Being in the popular group meant that people seemed to do background checks on you, just to see what you were like. Until today, no one had really found anything, but someone did. Today is the day you begin getting feared for being a part of Ateez

You walk into school with San to be met with the whispers that used to emerge when only he would walk in. The whispers stopped when you joined and instead were loud conversations, but now they were gone. 

You look up at San who shrugs lightly and tells you to just continue on. As you walk by, you be sure to pick up some of the secretive conversations going on. 

“That’s the girl Seonghwa bowed to before him and Mingi ran, remember”

“She once slapped Jaegyu and bruised his cheek”

“Itzy wanted her to join them”

“She was supposed to be in Lia’s friend group”

“I heard she’s friends with Yeji”

“She was childhood friends with Yeji and Mingi”

You stop walking and look back at a few of the people talking. Simple things like this, makes a normal person become someone that is feared? 

It didn’t make sense to you. You try to shrug it off, but you can’t, it is as if the thoughts of these people is sticking to you like glue. They think that you are a bad person, just because the cute idiots you hang out with? 

You feel an arm pull you. You shuffle your feet a little to prevent yourself from falling before continuing to walk in the direction that you are being pulled. Your mind travels to 127 places at once. Although you try not to think about the subject too much, you can’t get your mind off of it. 

A solid chest collides with your face and you look up and see San peering down at you with concern. You look to the side and notice that you are standing in front of your locker. You give San an awkward smile before getting the stuff you need from it and turning to walk again. Not paying any attention, you walk into San’s chest again. You glance up towards him and into his eyes. He was concerned. 

San grabs your hand and begins walking in the opposite direction of your next class. He walks down a hall you’ve never been down before. He then walks towards a staircase at the end of the hall and takes light steps down them with you following, but less gracefully. 

When you reach the bottom, you are met with another hall. San doesn’t give you much time to look before pulling you to the right and towards the second door in the hallway. He lets go of your hand and you watch him pull out a key that he inserts into the keyhole on the door handle. 

He pushes the door open and motions for you to walk in, which you do. When you walk in, your eyes grow wide. 

The basement room was filled with soothing lighting and a couple of couches. There's tables, a minifridge, and a microwave located on the far left. You see pictures lined along the right walls and what looks like artwork on the ones in front of you. You walk in further and turn to look at the north wall. You see a big black flag with red writing on it. 

ATEEZ

You stare in awe. 

“When did you guys,” you stare amazed at the room as you ask your question. Although the way the room was designed could be described, the feeling couldn’t. The feeling of family was present, but it was different, and something about that feeling was amazing. 

“Freshman year,” San responds as he watches you admire the room with a smile. “Mingi and Yunho were messing around and ran down one of the restricted hallways. At the time, if you remember, the hallways were blocked off due to the students who used it. Mingi and Yunho found the staircase and this room. We started sneaking in here, most of the stuff was already in here. 

“People thought we were skipping class a lot, but we just came down here. We talked about concerns and everything. We thought the school was going to start using these rooms again, but they don’t. I think Itzy got themselves a room too, but I’m not really sure,” San looks at you when he finishes with a smile, his dimples showing fully. 

“So,” he begins again. “What’s wrong?”
“Did you hear the other people in the hall?” you ask, your eyes fixed on his sparkling ones. 

San nods slightly. “As much as I don’t want to put it like this,” San pauses. He looks down and grabs your hand before looking back into your eyes and talking again. “You will get used to it. Mingi didn’t want you to have to deal with this, that’s why you didn’t get to hear my name or know his friends.”

You nod and smile, San’s serious face changes to a confused one. “So,” you begin, your smile not fading. “People are scared of me? I can walk my 158 cm ass down the hall and people will quiver in fear? This is getting fun.” You lift your eyebrows up and down and San begins to laugh and slightly hits you upside the head.

“You’re cute.”

A/N
helloo lovelys

okay i almost didnt update this month SORRY

wrote this in class so if there are mistakes, thats why (obviously didnt edit it)

so quick question to the ones of you that read the authors note, are yall atinyzens? or nctzens in general?

if so can you pleaseeeee read through the Markhyuck story i posted yesterday and comment on it?

i didnt want to ask here since this is an ateez story, but only 1 person commented and i want more than one opinion, sorry :(

okay ill leave now

bye lovely atiny♡♡

i hope to update soon~