Chapter 4: In Which Four Trainers Gets Introduced

"Alola!" Professor Kukui welcomed the two trainers who had just walked into the Pokemon Centre.

"Alola!" Shouted Sun and Moon. 

"I suppose you two are the trainers Hala talked about...Sun and Moon, right?" Professor Kukui asked rubbing his chin.

"We sure are!" Sun replied, hopping up and down.

"Well, I suppose I'll introduce you to the Ultra Guardians...or who's left of them anyways." The Professor said. Sun and Moon both gaped at him.

"Did something...happen to them?" Moon asked nervously. 

"Oh no of course not! They're all on summer vacation or training with mentors! Sorry, I didn't phrase that sentence properly." Professor Kukui waved his hand apologetically, Moon let out a breath of relief.

"Hmm, I don't think...Ah, here he is!" Professor Kukui checked his watch and looked up to see another trainer, dressed in all black, walk through the door.

"Sun and Moon, I'd like you to meet---"

"You!" Sun exclaimed, Gladion narrowed his eyes.

"So, you're  the one who just moved to Alola?" Gladion glared at Sun who quickly backed away.

"So...umm....er....You know eachother?" Professor Kukui was the one who was nervous now.

"These trainers interrupted me in a battle against my will. They should be making a better first impression." Gladion jerked his head towards Sun and Moon.

"Well...Sun and Moon just moved to Alola, they might not know the battling rules here..." Professor Kukui scratched his head, looking slightly uncomfortable. Sun snorted in disbelief.

"Well, I thought you might as well introduce yourselves." Professor Kukui clasped his hands together.

"I'm Moon and this is my brother Sun, we just moved to Kanto. My pokemon are Gardevoir and Littlio...Littlio doesn't battle much, he's basically just my pokemon friend. Sun?" Moon nudged her brother.

"Oh, umm...My pokemon are Boltund and Cubchoo." Sun said, Gladion nodded and sighed.

"I'm Gladion. My pokemon are Umbreon, Lycanroc, Zoroark, Growlithe, and...." Gladion trailed off there.

"And I'd rather not tell you." He finished, Sun looked a little disappointed. At that moment, another trainer burst into the Pokemon Centre, startling Nurse Joy and several other people.

"Hau?" Moon raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, I thought I saw you going in here. Oh, hey Gladion!" Hau greeted them cheerfully. 

"Perfect, you guys can show Sun and Moon around Alola, maybe a battle or two, just make sure you stick together!" Professor Kukui called, Gladion was already striding to the door. 

"So...do you want show us around Alola?" Moon asked uncertainly. 

"I'd rather not." Gladion replied. 

"So what are we waiting for? Let's battle!" Hau immediately piped up.

"Do we have any other choices?" Gladion sighed.

"I call battling President Junior first!" Sun yelled. Gladion gave him an amused look but shrugged and surprisingly, smiled. 

Hau battled Moon, his Raichu easily defeated Gardevoir. Gladion sent out Lycanroc while Sun used Boltund. After Boltund received five Stone Edge attacks in a row, Gladion allowed Sun to use both Cubchoo and Boltund. It ended with both of them unable to battle.

"No wonder you're the second champion of the Alola Pokemon League. Who did you lose to?" Sun asked while returning his pokemon.

"I didn't lose. Well, maybe I did but it was for the greater good." Gladion replied with his arms crossed. Sun gave him a confused look.

"Me and Ash was up against the Masked Royal and this other trainer called Margaretha. You don't need to know the details." 

At this, Sun looked even more confused.

"Who's the Masked Royal and Margaretha and Ash?" He asked, Gladion let out a half-exasperated sigh and walked away. Hau looked at Sun and shrugged. 

Hau and Gladion was just about to begin their battle before they were stopped short by Tapu Koko. Hau's eyes lit up like a lightbulb.

"Whoah! This is my second time seeing Tapu Koko today!"Hau cried, punching the air with his fist. Sun and Moon on the other hand, looked purely confused

"Umm, yay?" Sun raised and eyebrow and looked up at the yellow pokemon.

"It looks like a normal to me." Moon said, tapping her chin thoughtfully. Both Gladion and Hau shot them disapproving looks.

"Don't you know anything?" Gladion scoffed, Hau shrugged.

"This here, is the Melemele Island Guardian, Tapu Koko. There are five islands in Alola and one of them is an artificial island known as Aether Paradise, the other four are guarded but the Island Guardians. Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini." Hau launched into a lecture. 

"Legend says that the guardians once helped protect Alola from powerful pokemon called Ultra Beasts." Tapu Koko nodded approvingly, Hau grinned from ear to ear. 

"The Island Guardians can perform the Trial on certain trainers....who are worthy of it." Gladion added. Tapu Koko floated forwards to inspect the four trainers before finally pausing in front of Gladion and pointed at him with the edge of it's shel. 

Gladion sucked in a breath. Tapu Koko has yet to give him a chance to do the Trial, but before he could say anything, Tapu Koko then pointed at Sun. Gladion had to stiffle a snort. 

"What does it want?" Sun asked nervously.

"You've been proven worthy, you get to challenge Tapu Koko...along with me." Gladion replied grimly.