Chapter 12: To Annoy Someone

"Moon! " Sun whispered to his sister, who was stealthily creeping across the hallway. "Can we please just go back to bed?"

"Quiet, Sun!" Moon hissed from in front of him. "Why must you always whine so?"

Sun straightened his back and glared at her.

Moon scoffed and turned to him, "Under all that image of a lazy and boring brother who can't bother with anything, you are just dying for excitement.

"Moon, under all your bubbly personality, you're a devil." Sun shot back. Moon smirked, "Thank you very much. I take that as a compliment." Sun gave her a wary look, his expression a mixture of sarcasm and terror.

As they continued their expedition down the long hallway, Sun wasn't even paying attention to where he was walking. The next thing he knows, he had bumped into his very stubborn sister.

"Watch it, Sun!" Moon hissed like a cat. "But look at this!" Moon moved sideways for Sun to see. It was a door labeled 'POKEMON EMERGENCY CARE - STAFF ONLY.'

Before Sun could speak, Moon was already moving towards the door, hand reaching for the handle.

"Moon!" Sun gasped. "What on Earth doing you think you're doing?"

"Pfffft. Sun, you can't seriously think we're not going in!" Moon rolled her eyes. Her hand had a firm grip on the handle.

"You know, they put up that sign for a reason!"

Moon shrugged him off and pushed the door open. Sun ran forwards to pull it shut but, instead, tripped over Moon's ankle and sent both siblings tumbling into the room.

"Sun! I'm soooo gonna----" Moon cut herself off at the look on Sun's face. Her brother was staring into the room, a look of horror across his face. Moon turned around and gasped.

In the middle of the room was a bat-like creature.

Wings fanned out as if basking in the dim light.

Lunala had a solid yet calming expression.

"Oh, my sweet Arceus..." Moon sucked in her breath. Moonlight filtered through several window panes on the ceiling, casting a soft glow over the legendary pokemon.

"Lunala..." Sun whispered, but the pokemon didn't pay attention to him whatsoever. Following the pokemon's gaze, Moon let out a gasp.

Sitting across the room from Lunala was a boy with blond hair and emerald green eyes.

"Gladion?" Sun yelped, interrupting the quietness of the night. Both the trainer and Lunala turned to stare at him. Lunala let out a soft growl and, with a flutter of wings, rose magnificently into the air. Turning sideways, the pokemon latched itself upside-down on to the ceiling before folding its wings neatly around her like that of a sleeping bat.

Moon tore her gaze from the ceiling and, instead, glanced at the glaring boy across from them.

"Why can't I have a moment of peace?" Gladion groaned. In the background, a metallic beep-beep went off, accompanied by the whirring sound of a computer. Behind Gladion, there were all kinds of machinery, all tracking the movements and health status of the bat-pokemon above them.

"What are you doing here?" Sun managed to ask, receiving a row of dagger glares from Gladion.

"I should be the one asking," Gladion shot back.

"Welp, I asked you first, so you have to answer!"

"Do you think I'll answer?"

"Yes."