Chapter 7: Dusk Mane

"Are we there yet?" Sun groaned. Gladion shot him a glare.

"I'm not exactly sure where 'there' is." He replied, Sun's shoulders sagged with this news.

They had reached what looked like a meadow in Ultra Space. However, large chunks of rocks embedded with purple crystals stood afloat off the ground, making the place look even more ghostly. Suddenly, Sun stopped and sat right down on the uneven ground.

"What are we going to do? No one knows where we are! We don't know where we are! We don't know how to get out! We---"

"Okay stop. You're starting to annoy my one and only brain." Gladion looked down at the boy. Growlithe nudged him but Sun's eyes looked unseeingly upon it.

"This wasn't what I was expecting...in Alola." Sun said quietly. Gladion felt a stab of empathy.

"I'm sure we---" He started to say but was immediately interrupted by a blinding blaze of light. Sun leaped up and the two trainers watched, petrified as the haze of light dissapeared, Necrozam appeared in front of them.

There. Necrozma found the two humans he took from Alola, they were seperated when he went throught the portal but none of that matters now, he found them. Both were standing, a look of horror plastered to their faces.

I shall kill them and drop their bodies over Alola! Necrozma thought gleefully, it's claws flexing. 

Yes, that sounded like a great way to introduce himself to the world. 

The black pokemon let out an ear-splitting roar and rose into the air. Sun and Gladion both clasped their hands around their ears.

"RUN!" Gladion shouted to Sun, he didn't need telling twice, both were sprinting away as fast as they could in the next second.

They had gone a mere few steps before the pokemon landed with a thud in front of them. Growlithe let out a low growl.

"Growlithe, use Tackle!" Gladion shouted, the pokemon took it's order but instead, performed Fire Fang. Gladion had no time for confusion for the Ultra Beast stared in disgust as Growlithe latched himself to one of the pokemon's sharp claws.

"Growlithe, let go!" Gladion yelled, quickly realizing his mistake. He was one second too slow. Necrozma pried Growlithe off of itself as if simply dislodging a particularly annoying insect. Growlithe was caught off guard and the pokemon knocked it easily to the ground, it's eyes rolled and it fainted.

"Return!" Gladion shouted, throwing out a pokeball. The Ultra Beast advanced towards them, Gladion gulped. This was the end, for both him and Sun. 

Poor Growlithe. He thought. He will never get a trainer now, if this cursed pokemon decides to kill him.

The pokemon let out another roar and raised it's deadly claws. Bracing for impact, Gladion squeezed his eyes shut, just before another roar was heard. 

Necrozma's head shot up. This roar was different, it wasn't a cold harsh roar. It was the roar of Solgaleo. 

Before Necrozma had time to process his thoughts, something slammed into his side, sending him tumbling through the air. Necrozma regained his balance and looked back.

Solgaleo stood protectively over the two trainers, it's teeth bared. The pokemon shifted it's head to one side, an Ultra Wormhole formed behind it. The two trainers, seeming to understand what to do, began to edge towards the portal. 

"Necrozma! When did you get out?" Solgaleo growled. Necrozma smirked.

"Long time no see, Solgaleo." Necrozma hissed, the two pokemon leaped at each other.

"This way!" Gladion yelled to Sun, over the commotion of the two pokemon who were locked in battle.

"What on Earth is that?" Sun yelled back to him, pointing at Solgaleo.

"Solgaleo." Gladion answered over his shoulder, he was sprinting towards the Ultra Wormhole Solgaleo had created.

"Solga--what?" Sun yelled. Gladion couldn't help rolling his eyes.

"Solgaleo. Don't worry, he's on our side!" Gladion replied. He heard Sun mutter something like 'I hope so' right before a multi-colored beam of light struck just to his right, Gladion ducked, barely missing the attack.

Behind him, Solgaleo roared. Gladion heard the sound of rocks shattering but didn't dare to look, they were now in front of the Ultra Wormhole. Finally, Gladion looked back, Sun halted to do the same. Both exchanged horrified glances.

Necrozma had Solgaleo pinned to the ground. Solgaleo reared back, ready to use a move. Suddenly, the legendary pokemon went stiff, it's eyes shone with fear. 

Gladion and Sun watched, horrified as a dark and orange aura surrounded both pokemon. When the aura subsided, in it's place was a terrible combination of both pokemon. Necrozma had fused with Solgaleo.

"Not bad, Solgaleo. You put up quite a fight, but after years and years on imprisonment, I've learned a few things. Now you shall help me destroy the world...as Dusk Mane." Dusk Mane sneered and turned it's gaze on to the two trainers, just in time to see both leap into the Ultra Wormhole.

"Is the Ultra Wormhole ready yet?" Kiawe asked, a little impatiently. 

"Yes, I think if I just---" Professor Burnet was cut off by a band of light. The Ultra Guardians, including Moon and Hau, looked up to see a crack forming in the sky.

"Oh dear..." Professor Burnet muttered.

"Umm...Professor? Are you doing this?" Ash asked although he knew the answer was 'no'.

"No! Umm...I don't know...what?" Professor Burnet stammered. By then, the Ultra Wormhole completely opened. Two trainers tumbled out of it.

"Gladion!" 

"Sun!"

Lillie and Moon both shouted and ran up to their brothers. Both looked terrified. Moon hugged her brother, Sun did not return it. Gladion simply pushed Lillie away, leapt up, and turned to Professor Burnet.

"Professor, close it!" Gladion yelled. Everyone looked to him in shock.

"What do you mean?" Professor Burnet asked, clearly confused.

"There's an Ultra Beast on the other side. It's the one that attacked us...it fused with Solgaleo!" Gladion said, a little too quickly. The others looked at him, Moon and Hau looked horrified.

"Wait, that giant black pokemon fused with Solgaleo?" Hau asked, Sun and Gladion both nodded fiercely. Burnet still looked confused, Gladion let out an exasperated sigh.

"Look, I don't know what that pokemon is or why it wants to abduct trainers. We were thrown into Ultra Space and it came after us, nearly killing us until Solgaleo showed up. The two were battling and we were going towards the---this Ultra Wormhole...the last thing I saw was Solgaleo pinned down by that who-knows-what pokemon and then they fused, into this giant combination of Arceus-knows-what. From the looks of it, Necrozma is entirely in control of it." Gladion said, struggling to keep his voice calm. Burnet now looked terrifed, Ash and the others were looking confused still.

"Can it be? No...there's no way...Necrozma was only a legend..." Burnet muttered to herself, Gladion looked at the professor in surprise.

"Necrozma? Is that what it's name is?" He asked, Burnet thought for a moment before nodding.

"Necrozma is a legendary pokemon like Solgaleo and Lunala. However, it has the abilities to fuse with both of the pokemon, legend says that when it turned evil, Solgaleo and Lunala concealed it under layers of imprisonment. Therefore, Necrozma sank into a deep sleep...until now." Burnet explained, Kiawe nodded thoughtfully.

"So what are we waiting for? Close the Wormhole!" Gladion said. Burnet looked troubled.

"The thing is...I didn't make this portal, so I can't close it..." Gladion's eyes widened.

"Then what do we---" He started.

A roar sounded from the other side of the Wormhole. Burnet's face paled.

"Oh no."

Published: 2020-08-22
Edited:
Words: 1259