Closure this Summer

A/N: as this story starts to wind down i will close start to close a major story line in this chapter. this will have very limited characters so it wont be as long as the others.  i do not own any characters or songs from Glee.

three months have passed since Valentines day, Sam and Rachel are now officially on the hunt for new apartments. Rachel and Blaine's opening night is just a few weeks away, and they could not have been more estatic. that was until an unexpected visitor came by.

Rachel's POV:

Rachel was busy rehearsing her lines on stage when she  a familiar voice  from the back of the theatre.

(Jesse slowly walks down and  meets her on stage)

J: Hey Rachel it's good to see you again.

R: Jesse,  what are you doing here ?

J: I'm here because I'm the new producer.

R: wait what?

J: yeah didn't the directors tell you?

R: no!

J: ok, im gonna let out the elephant in the room, im here on a professional level only. nothing personal, I promise! i didn't even know you were the lead in this.

R: Jesse we may be divorced but i know when your lying to me!

J: alright Fine, i knew it was you, in fact i was the one who personally recommended you and Blaine for the parts when you guys auditioned.

R: what why did you do that?

J: i did it as a peace offering. look Rachel, i know there's nothing between us anymore but i wanted to at least have a conversation with you. and i wanna apologize to you personally.

R: what about Blaine?

J: I will too i was just hoping i can talk to you first, if you'll let me have minute.

R: ok let's go for coffee around the corner.

J: that's fair

meanwhile in the distance, Blaine sees Rachel leave with Jesse. He immediately texts Sam as to what he saw, and waits for Rachel to come back so he can speak to her.

Jesse and Rachel get coffee from the  cafe around the corner, and sit down to talk.

J: So ugh how are you and Sam doing?

R: were doing good, wait how did you know about me and him?

J: i still follow you on social media.

R: ohh right... what about you and Marissa?

J: not so good we, broke up.

R: ohh im sorry to hear that. im pretty sure there will be plenty more girls out there for you.

J: listen Rachel, i came here because i wanna talk about everything. first of all what happened between us? i mean first we were in love and then when we got married it slowly started to explode in our faces?

R: yeah i think that maybe what happened was that, becuase you and i had this connection back in high school,  but we never became a real couple, we kinda took that and forced into a relationship, that both of us knew wasn't right.

J: when you talk about high school;  us being rivals and all, honestly i never actually told you this. Back then when i was trying to win your heart, i knew i never had a shot. Not with Finn in your life,  never! i knew that you two were meant to be. and i was genuinely happy for you. don't get me wrong i was so jealous of him, not only becuase he had you ,but because he was wickedly talented, and i knew that you had him by your side , so i walked away. When i found out he had passed, i  knew it was tragic for everyone, but it was hardest on you. and when we got together, it had had only been a little over a year, and I knew you were still grieving.  i guess i took advantage of that and i made it my opportunity to get with you....