11

Why was he still holding his hand?

They'd already dropped Remi off at the dorms and were on their way to Arlo's apartment, but they still held their hands together while Rei drove. 'This is probably illegal.' Arlo hummed, but Rei did seem more focused on driving since he only had one hand on the wheel, so he wasn't too worried about getting pulled over. Arlo yawned causing Rei to glance over at him briefly. "Tired?" He smiled. Arlo hummed resting his head against the window. "A little bit." Rei chuckles turning back to the road. "I am going the right way right? It's been a while." Arlo nodded before pointing to a driveway. "It's right there." 

Rei parked his car under a tree before turning it off. He rubbed at his eyes a little before giving Arlo a small smile. 'Hmph, he is pretty cute.' Arlo smirked to himself before letting go of Rei's hand. "Thanks for the dinner by the way. You didn't have to pay." He said as he grabbed his bag from the back. "It's no problem really." Rei replied before following Arlo to the apartments. "Do you want to play Jenga or just watch a movie?" Arlo asked as he unlocked the door. "Whatever you wanna do." 

Arlo huffed setting his key on a counter. "I asked what you wanted to do." 

"It's your house."

"We could do this all night."

Rei giggled.

He...giggled.

Arlo's face turned bright red and he turned away from the greenette. "I'm gonna go grab blankets. Figure out something to do." He states before walking through the house. Rei shook his head laughing to himself. Arlo was something else sometimes.

Rei hummer looking around the house as he walked away from the door. 'Man, he already has an apartment and here I am twenty one still living with my parents.' A slightly pitiful sigh fell from his lips as Arlo entered the room again. "I assume you wanted the yellow one." Arlo said tossing the blanket to the other. "Oh you know me so well." Rei smirked. "Well I've had to deal with you for all these years. You'd think I'd learn a thing or two." Arlo smirked at Rei's pout. "So what are we doing?" Arlo asked again. "How about we play Jenga while watching a movie."

Rei suggested. "Oh why didn't we think of that." Arlo muttered. Rei shrugged patting Arlo on the shoulder before heading to the couch. Arlo shook his head grabbing the game box while Rei picked out a movie. While heading over to the couch he hummed. "Hey Rei." The older male hummed. "Switch." Arlo added tossing the aqua blanket on top of the other who yelped. He snatched the yellow blanket for himself with a chuckle while the other struggled to pull the blanket over his head.

"Not cool." Rei stated popping out with messed up hair. Arlo merely smirked while flopping onto the floor in front of the couch. After the wrapping the blanket around himself Rei crawled over to where Arlo was sitting and they set up the game with "UP" playing in the background. 

At some point they got distracted by the movie and just decided to watch. It was during the time Arlo allowed himself to actually think things over.

'Maybe I do have a crush on Rei. I mean, he's been there for me ever since I met him, and he's certainly fun to hang around. He's one of the most genuine people I've met and honestly I'm pretty sure I don't deserve him. And while he may be older and possibly stronger than me, I swear if anyone hurts this precious man, there will be hell to pay. But is what Remi said true...does he like me?"

Arlo decided to leave the topic alone for the night and instead grabbed a hold of Rei's hand again. The greenette glanced over at him and gave him a small smile again, one that made Arlo smile himself before he rested his head on his shoulder. He just really liked holding Rei's hand he realized. Rei's hands were soft and warm and gentle when he brushed his thumb against Arlo's hand. He briefly felt Rei squeeze his hand before his eyes fell closed.

By the time the credits were rolling Rei was somehow still awake but yawning every five seconds. Golden eyes glanced over to Arlo and smiled before rubbing his free hand through the blonde locks. Rei turned the T.V off briefly waiting for his vision to adjusted before picking Arlo up in his arms gently. The blanket slightly fell off the sleeping males shoulder as Rei walked through the apartment attempting to find the blonde bedroom. After quietly nudging a door open with a foot he silent celebrated upon finding the bedroom.

Carefully he set Arlo down on his bed removing the yellow blanket and replacing it with the bedsheets. The greenette hummed looking around the room for a place to put the blanket. With another yawn he decided to fold it and just leave it at the foot of the bed. Gently shutting the door behind him he walked back to the living room and pick up his phone. Blinking harshly against the bright light he sighed seeing the time. '11:15...' it wasn't a bad time, but due to Rei's almost nightly shenanigans, he wouldn't be able to fall asleep until around two. 

Unfortunately he didn't have anything to do that night so he just settled on the couch wrapping the blanket around himself again before playing on his phone.