Chapter 28:Promise

I'm sorry this chapter is later than normal. I've been busy with things.

||

Yoongi drove Yeonmi home that night, a silent car ride. Yeonmi only stared out the window while Yoongi drove. It was just awkward.

"Yeonmi, you know I'm doing this because I love you."

"And I appreciate it, I just don't want you to act all high and mighty."

They pulled up to the house, the gate looming over them. Yeonmi led her cousin through the gate, and around the dangerous stones on the ground. She opened the door and walked in with Yoongi right behind her.

"I'm home!"She shouted, hoping that someone was around to greet her.

"You're home!"She heard Jisung shout as he ran towards her to give her a hug.

"Hey, what's this about?"She asks as she hugs him back.

However, Yeonmi didn't get an answer as Jisung saw Yoongi closing the door. He backed away from Yeonmi and bowed to Yoongi, a full ninety degrees.

"Jisung, can you get Taeyong and Jaehyun for me?"Jisung nodded his head and sprinted in the opposite direction.

Yeonmi looked around and saw Chenle in the kitchen. The two of them were doing homework while eating fruit. Chenle got up from his chair and bowed as well, a bit too afraid of Yoongi to talk or do anything else.

It took a minute or two before Jisung came back with Taeyong and Jaehyun. The both of them bowed instantly before approaching Yoongi and Yeonmi. The situation was tense and unknown to them. After today's panic, this was the last thing they expected. Yoongi bowed back to them before speaking.

"I'm here to make a deal."

"Would you like to follow me to a more formal setting? The kids don't need to be around for this."Taeyong explained.

Yoongi complied, and the three of them went to Taeyong's office underground. Yeonmi stayed with Jisung and Chenle as they did their homework, helping them where she could.

"Noona, you're not leaving us are you?"Jisung asked.

"That all depends on how well that conversation is going."

"You'll always visit, right? You won't forget about us?"Chenle asked.

"How could I ever forget about you guys? You guys are my family too, I'll never forget any of you."

Chenle smiled back at her, not knowing what to give as a response. Yeonmi was waiting for their meeting to be over before going upstairs; she had a feeling everyone else would be reacting the same way Jisung and Chenle did. Yeonmi was praying that everything was going well.

As repetitive as it may have been, it was her fault once again that NCT was in a difficult predicament. First it was New Years, then it was the alleyway, the kidnapping, and now. At times like this she really wondered what would have happened if she had just stayed home that night.

If she did, her brother would still be abusing her, she wouldn't know how to kill people, she would probably be going to college, she might have had a normal job, and NCT would be running a lot smoother. On top of it all, she wouldn't be so conflicted with her emotions.

"Yeonmi, you're home?"She heard from behind her, the voice snapping her out of her trance.

Yeonmi turned around to face Lucas. He walked towards her, giving her a pat on the head and messing up her hair. Instead of questioning her or expressing any concern, he just went to the fridge to get something to eat.