of all the gin joints in all the world

I woke up feeling cold, colder than I've ever felt. But I was alive.

Thoughts began to bombard my mind as I opened my eyes and saw nothing but darkness, almost as if I hadn't opened my eyes at all. Who could have saved me? When did I get saved? My eyes adjusted a little and saw that I was in a bed. Was it all just a bad dream? I scanned the room to see if I was in my room, but I couldn't remember what my room looked like or if I had one at all.

The walls looked dark and there were a couple posters on the wall I couldn't make out. I could see the shape of a tall lamp as I strained my eyes to see. I couldn't have been in a hospital. There was a chair in the corner with a guitar beside it and what looked to be a book case. I saw something move beside me in the bed and looked over to see a person next to me. I screamed and crawled backwards in the bed surprised by the form next to me. The sleeping person didn't even seem to notice my scream. I looked down noticing there was a lot of bed between us and screamed once more when I realized I was hovering in midair beside the bed. I fell to the ground but my body didn't make a sound once it hit the wood floor. I got back on the bed, noticing that I didn't leave an imprint in it as I got in, and looked at the man in it; he was a little chunky and was only wearing a pair of blue and white plaid boxers. I took a closer look at him, his hair looked shaggy and there were a pair of glasses on the nightstand.

“Hello?” I whispered to him but he didn't move. I saw the glow of the sun beginning to come through his curtains.

What the hell had actually happened last night? Was I drunk?

“Hello?” I asked again with still no reply. I reached my hand out to touch him and my hand just fell through him making my jaw drop. What was I? Who was this guy? Was I dead? I couldn't be dead, I was right here not in some kind of afterlife, but how could I float? And how could this guy not hear me and how come I couldn't touch him? I tried touching him again and before I could he began to flail and yell scaring me and pulling my hand away quickly, had I done something? He began to gasp for breath and then he fell off the bed with a thud, he got up and got his glasses off the end table and crawled back into bed.

“Um…Hello?” I said louder looking directly at him, he just laid back and stared at the ceiling looking shocked and scared then rubbed his tired looking eyes.