accidental haunting

I could tell your friend was worried about you, He had every reason to be.

When you got back home you went up to your room and just laid in your bed silently staring up at the ceiling with your hands behind your head. You looked sad and lost in thought.

I waned to let you know I was there but I didn't want to scare or hurt you anymore. I suddenly had an idea. I approached the CD player on top of your bookshelf. I closed my eyes and reached for the play button with hope, to no avail, my fingers passed right through it. I took a deep breath and tried again only to fail once more. How was this possible? I knocked over the lamp, I actually felt it as if I was solid. I began to get frustrated after many failed attempts, I knew I could do this. I closed my eyes tighter this time and only thought about pushing the button. To my shock I felt my finger collide with the button causing music to suddenly play, not just any song though it was 'of all the gin joints' and it felt haunting. I watched as you quickly sat up in your bed looking at the sterio wide eyed.

"The song" you whispered in disbelief. You got up and slowly walked over to the sterio as you looked around the room then turned it off. You went silent for a moment as if listening to the inside of your home carefully.

"Hello?!" You said very loudly and suddenly making me jump a little. You were standing directly in front of me, face to face, and you didn't even know. I watched your confused face closely seeing all the detail I never saw before. I didn't want to move and I didn't know why other than it was just comforting for you to be this close to me. I didn't mean to be creepy I swear, it just felt okay at the time. 

You turned the song off making it totally quiet around us. "Could you possibly do it again?" You said much quieter and gently. As hard as I tried and as many times, I just couldn't push that button again. After a moment you hung your head but let out a chuckle.

"I'm so dumb" you mumbled sort of sadly while shaking your head. You turned and began to walk out of your room. I followed you down the stairs because I obviously had nothing better to do. Just as we got down the stairs I heard the music turn back on in your room. You raced back up the stairs in shock, but I just stood there in disbelief. I didn't do it. A strange feeling came over me. Maybe it wasn't just Patrick and I in the house, maybe there was something or someone else that I couldn't see. Something from deep inside me told me that I didn't want to know.

Hey guys, I'm looking for more votes and comments on this story so I know that someone is actually into it. I really love writing it and there's a lot more crazy things to come. Thanks for reading so far guys :)