Chapter 12

"Gabs, listen," she said into the phone, when he picked up.

"What's up, Nat?"

She hadn't seen him most of the day. She had gotten her freedom back since they had found out who had really been following her. She was enjoying it. She could drive herself places and didn't have to be beholden to his busy schedule.

At the moment she has just gotten back from a field trip to a hydroponic farm with her Biology class and finally got a break from her chaperoning responsibilities. She was getting into her car for the drive home.

"What's the tea? Wagwaan with your Dad, like why is he always stepping out on your mum, why is she cool with that?" she asked curiously. It had been bugging her throughout her teaching day. Last night, she had been too distracted by the more pressing issue of being 'Engaged,' to really ask the pertinent questions.

But she barely gave him a chance to consider her question before she continued with, "Me, personally, I wouldn't have that. I'd have royally buggered his life. Burnt down the house, cut up his clothes into tiny itty bitty pieces, told everyone and their sexually active daughter or son if he's into it, that he's got STIs, rearranged his hoes' faces, sued him for all his money and maybe castrated his sorry arse depending on how satisfied my spirit was with all of the above..."

Gabe was silent for a long time and then he spoke,"Damn, baby I didn't expect all of that from you."

"What, you think you're the only violent one in this gaff? Try me even once with that cheating nonsense..."

"Is it wrong that I'm really turned on right now?"

Natalia laughed at his predicament. "Where are you right now?"

"In the gym, doing weights."

"Yeah, that's morally reprehensible, Gabs. When will you be home?"

"I've got therapy and then I'm all yours, you can get all the tea you want."

"Lucky me," Natalia laughed at his use of her vernacular. "Steak for dinner?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

"No, I forgot the kind of carnivore I'm dealing with."

"I didn't hear you complaining last night about the things I ea—"

He didn't finish the sentence, there were muffled voices in the background and then, "I gotta go, Baby. I need to finish this set, some asshole is complaining about the wait and then get to therapy. Do you need anything on my way home?"

"No, just you."

"Aw, Corny Natty. I've missed you," he teased.

"Boy, bye."

"I love you too."

"How are you doing, Gabe. How was your week?" the bespectacled older woman asked when he sat down in her office.

"Good."

"Just good?" she clarified with a raised eyebrow.

"I, um...got engaged," he confessed. Something about her made him want to spill his guts. He had been sceptical at first but the results so far had been good. Especially with his and Natalia's relationship.

"Engaged, to be married?"

"Yes, that's what I said," he said defensively.

"I was under the impression that you and Natalia wanted to wait."

"She wanted to wait, I could get married tomorrow."

"So what changed? Why do you think she agreed to get married sooner."