Chapter 15

"Your therapist is a slag. Full offence. We're not codependent, toxic or trauma bonded or whatever she said and when I see her I'm gonna fight her."

"As much as I would love to see that, I don't think she meant it like that."

"You have weird kinks, you know that?" Natalia laughed at Gabe's response.

"Oh, don't kink shame me, Baby. I don't shame you when you want me to whisper dirty French poetry in your ear."

Natalia blushed furiously, biting her lip. "That was once! And you started it." Discovering her man could speak French had been memorable to say the least.

"Oh Gabi, oh yes. I'm so hot right now. I love French poetry, say that, je veux tes frissons bit again." he mimicked a high pitched voice with a bad cockney accent and flawless French. Then he started to laugh like he had cracked the funniest joke in the world.

"Wow, keep talking and we'll see if you ever have sex again," Natalia glowered with her arms crossed.

Gabe stopped laughing abruptly. "That was low. Damn, Baby, learn to take a joke," he scoffed and it was Natalia's turn to start laughing loudly.

"So, you can laugh at my expense?" he pouted, looking at her with a wounded expression.

"Yes, what's not clicking? Eyes on the road, Captain."

"I see how it is, soon as you secure that ring the real you comes out, huh?" 

"Yeah. It's real I'm gonna send your kids to a Swiss boarding school and take half your money in the divorce, hours."

"Well, you're shit out of luck, I ain't got no money."

"Good thing, you got them muscles and that pretty face to keep me around."

"And my sparkling personality, don't forget that."

"Like I said, your muscles and your pretty..." Natalia squealed loudly as Gabe started to poke her in the side, where she was the most ticklish. "Oh my god, Gabs, please eyes on the road or  we're really gonna die!"

"Alright, but you're in so much trouble when we get home."

"Let me tell you who's really in trouble. Your dickhead of a therapist. I'm still going to kick her arse," Natalia said returning back to what had triggered her in the first place.

She had asked him how and why he had gotten her a visa sponsored by her brother. She was impressed that he had even called her brother, she never thought that he would voluntarily do that himself. Ashley and Gabe had some sort of macho alpha competition going on, it was ridiculous for the most part since they were very similar.

They were both intimidatingly smart and accomplished men in their own rights, it had never even occurred to Natalia that her brother was able to help her secure a visa. She found the pissing contest absurd but amusing at the same time, it was the fact that they were both vying for something each one of them already had, a position in her life. The irony was that this time last year she had neither of them.

Gabe had reluctantly explained what his therapist had said in the last session when he had told her they got engaged, leading to Natalia's current mood.

Gabe's mouth twitched at her comment but he didn't say anything else as he focused on the road, and hummed along to the Country song playing in the truck. He knew better than to antagonise her when she got into one of her moods about something or someone.

It was Sunday morning, the sun was jovially bright for a February morning. They were going to stop by a couple of house viewings on the way back from their weekend getaway and then go home.