Chapter 2

"Are you sulking?" Natalia teased as she arrived in the bedroom.

Gabe had been there awhile trying to fall asleep. The sleep specialist he'd been seeing suggested that he had a strict bedtime routine, and so he often tried to get to bed early without distractions and that meant going to bed before Natalia.

Natalia had officially moved in, four weeks ago. She had already been staying with him since they got together but now all her things were in his house and she had given the keys to her place back to the school administration. They were of course ecstatic to be saving on expenses, and he was equally ecstatic to have this girl under the same roof as him.

"I'm a grown man, I don't sulk."

"Okay, whatever you say, we both know how dinner went down." Dinner had been a silent affair decorated by the sound of cutlery dragging on plates.

She had finished brushing her teeth and was performing the multi step carefully choreographed skincare routine she claimed was going to keep her young forever and immediately solve all her life problems. Her skin looked luminous whatever she did, but what did he know.

He wasn't sulking but he was a bit...sore. His parents were a sore point of contention for him. He had tried his whole life to differentiate himself from them, their values and their beliefs. He had joined the Marines instead of going to Law or Business school like his father had wanted him to and he had paid for it, financially.

His parents had cut him off when they found out he signed a 6 year initial contract with the military, they were livid when they found out the branch he'd signed with were the Marines. If it was the Airforce or the Navy they could have found a way to live with that...maybe. The Marines were a bunch of socioeconomically poor knuckleheads, according to them. But he had joined them because they were the toughest and most physically demanding and because he knew it would piss his parents off.

He had even started playing football because his father hated the sport and called it a monumental waste of time, when he got good at it; his father relented because it would look good on college applications and because it gave his father kudos in his stuffy law circles.

But he had finally been free of them, to do as he pleased and now they were slowly drifting back into his periphery. He had no idea his father had been running for senator, it was something that he had missed completely. And now his mother trying to reconcile with him made sense. She hadn't stopped hounding him for a visit, and now he knew why. Who wouldn't want to be on good terms with their decorated war hero son in a hotly contested election? It pissed him off so much. But he wasn't sulking.

The bed dipped when she slipped into bed, her bare smooth legs brushing his as she made herself comfortable.

"I'm not supposed to have distractions in bed," he reminded her as she traced the tattoo on his right pec that spread onto his rib cage with the tip of her manicured finger.

"Aww, honey. Nobody has ever called me that before. Aren't you the sweetest?" she mocked an American accent, it was actually pretty convincing.

Gabe grunted in response, he wanted to laugh but his dark mood still hung over him, made worse when he remembered her earlier comments.

"Wow, tell me again how you aren't sulking." She had balanced herself on his abdomen with her hands splayed on his chest. She entwined their fingers together on both hands, her grip was light and flimsy but he liked the aesthetic and her delusion that she could overpower him. It made things a little tight in the pyjama pants he wore.

"Natalia, I'm supposed to be meditating or some shit before I sleep, not having an argument with you."

"Boy, shut up you and tell me why you're sulking, we both know you won't sleep till it's out."

She kissed the spot on his neck she knew would have him hazy with lust; he was embarrassed to know that it only took a few caresses of her full lips against his pulse point for him to forget anything that wasn't her and have the lower parts of him ready for attention.

"I'm not my father."

"Well shit, I know that," she said with surprise coloring her face. She sat up, releasing his hands. He placed them on her ass instead. That's where his hands always gravitated to anyway.

"Do you?" It was important to him that she made the distinction. Whatever she thought of them, and what they stood for, he wanted her to know that he was the complete opposite.

"Of course I do." She shrugged a shoulder. "For one your father is a Zaddy...but I know you're nothing like you're parents."

Gabe gave her a bland look.

"Ouch, too soon?"

"Too soon," he confirmed.

"Was that...it?" She raised a sceptical brow. He squeezed at the dip in her waist before it flared out into her hips.

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Okay, great." She rolled her eyes. "Now you can meditate and I can take my awkward ass to bed." She tried to dismount but he held on to her.

"But, I don't want to meditate."

"Oh, you want that distraction now?" she grinned, he wiped the grin off her face when he easily flipped her over until she was underneath him. There was hardly a twinge in his shoulder when he had done that, and he was relieved. He'd missed this.

"But your sho—"

"Not your concern right now." He silenced her with his tongue in her mouth. She gave up talking and let him lick the inside of her mouth completely giving in to him. She parted her thighs either side of him and let him settle between her plush thighs.

———————————
Hello! It's nice to see everyone back again!
I'm posting a double chapter and then I'll update next week! Happy Sunday <3