Does Dad Know?

It's been a 12hrs or so since Dad and Peter went to space to fight Thanos in the hopes to save humanity. We haven't heard anything from anyone but I know they'd try and call if something was wrong.

I hear Pepper cooking in the kitchen and decide to join her in preparing lunch. I walk in and see her cooking two barbecue chicken breasts with cheese and starting to prepare a salad.

"Let me prepare the salad and you can relax a bit." I say to Pepper, making her jump slightly. "Don't worry Pep, I'll make sure the chicken doesn't burn. You do the cutlery and drinks, I'll finish lunch up and I'll call you when it's on the table." I smile and she nods, leaving the kitchen after sorting out our drinks and essential cutlery.

After mindlessly mixing the salad with my favourite dressing for five minutes the kitchen timer goes off. I turn off the timer and grab the chicken out of the oven, placing a chicken breast on both mine and Pepper's plates, next accompanying it with the salad. I go to the dining room table and place the plates down on the placemats.

"Pepper! Lunch is served!" I call to Pepper as she goes to turn the news off. "No, leave it on. If anything happens I want to know."

"Okay." Pepper walks up and takes a seat at the table. "Lunch looks good. I think a toast is in order."

We both chuckle.

"To the chefs..."

"The only two Starks who can actually cook."

The two of us finish up most of our lunch in silence until Pepper clears her throat ready to talk. "Y/n, can I tell you something?"

"Of course you can." I say, worry lingering in my voice ever so subtly.

"I'm pregnant."

"No way?! That's awesome Pepper! Congratulations!!! Does dad know?"

"They left before I got the chance to tell him."

"Well then, he'll have on hell of a surprise to come home to."