A New Kind of Thrill

Dominic's POV, 1:46 A.M, September 22, 2025

I flop down on my freshly made bed and realize just what I've gotten myself into when the sense of dread washes over me. I try for a while to fall asleep, but it evades me just as always so I decide to go into my living room and start sharpening my many, many, many different blades. After about the third or fourth blade has been honed to a razors edge, I hear a loud knock at the door. I stand up and walk over to it and look through the peek hole. It's not surprising at all to see Anthony standing outside my door this time, so I open it with a grimace.

"Yo, whatcha need brother?", I ask quickly. Anthony looks sheepish and starts to open his mouth.

"So, me and a couple of others couldn't sleep and kind of thought it might be nice to go drinking..", he says pleadingly, knowing that I already know where this is going.

"And you want me to drive", I finish his sentence for him.

"Yes please, if you would", Anthony says bluntly. I take a moment to think, then look back my knives.

"Please define a "Couple", I ask simply.

"It's just me, you, Jack, Yumiko, and Eliza", Anthony tells my quickly.

"Fine, give me 20 minutes to shower and get dressed", I tell him with a sigh.

Eliza's POV, 2:20 A.M., September 22, 2025

The crisp night air bites at all my exposed skin, as little as there is and reminds me how terrible this idea is. I look at Jack and Yumiko, who are currently busy sucking face while Anthony is just waiting patiently. I'm still ruminating on the terrible planning in play here when Monika, Elias, Marius, Max, Ela, Craig, Meghan, and Zofia all come walking out the front door like they're gonna go dancing.

"What's the occasion", Yumiko asks loudly upon seeing them.

"Well, we saw your happy arses sitting out here dressed to the nines like you're gonna go do something fun so we thought we might tag along", Max says with a grin.

"Nope, sorry guys, I don't think that's gonna work", Anthony says right as a metal flake blue Roadrunner with black racing stripes painted on the hood comes tearing through the parking lot and stops right in front of us. I'm still busy gawking at the road rager in front of me when, of all people to own this car, Dominic steps out of the driver side and looks at us.

"Begin quote: Just me, you, Jack, Yumiko, and Eliza, end quote", he says with an unimpressed look on his face, "I didn't take you for a liar buddy, so what's with the salsa class incarnate?".

"Now listen, Dominic, it's not what it looks like", Anthony says quickly.

"He's right, we joined the club meeting because we saw all y'all chilling out here like ballers", Elias says with a bright smile.

"Well then, I'm afraid we ain't got room for all of you unlucky shitbirds in my car, so you'll have to drive your own cars. I'll need directions anyway", Dominic says with a shit eating grin.

"Well, I'm afraid that the only person here who actually knows the way to the nearest decent club is Eliza", Jack says with a smirk.

"Alrighty then Miss Kick in the Door, you're riding shotgun then", Dominic says while pointing to me. Anthony gives Dominic a fake look of betrayal and Dominic gives him the finger. 

"What 'bout the rest of us?", Max says with a grin.

"You can fucking walk for all I care, you'll figure something out", Dominic says to him.