Part 37

General POV

Hailey walks into the kitchen, to be greated by a topless Jay cooking something at the stove for breakfast. The morning winter sun, created a gliterally over lay in the living area, making patterns on the wall and ceiling. "Whatcha doing chef?" Hailey says, making Jay jump out his skin. Hailey erupts into laughter at how much Jay jumped, so hard that she earns a tea towel being chucked at her. "Ay, I just asked" Hailey points out defensively, strutting over to Jay and taking a seat around the island. "Making my girlfriend breakfast, she's kinda hot" Jay jokes flirtatiously, making an effort to keep very concentrated on what he is doing. "Um, what's this hot girlfriend of yours getting made for her?" Hailey plays the game back, enjoying the little game. "Fried back and eggs, with a side of mushrooms" Jay replies, teasingly turning his head around to Hailey and winking at her. "Mhhmmm, she's a very lucky woman" Hailey says, drewling at the sound of bacon, eggs and mushrooms for breakfast. "Very, very lucky" Jay hisses, throwing Hailey's breakfast onto a plate and slowly walking towards her. "Mhhmm. Does she know how big egoed her boyfriend is?" Hailey says, before taking a moutful of eggs. "I don't know" Jay shurggs, pinching a mushroom off Hailey's plate. "Well, I think she does but doesn't care. I also think she would love to wake up to the sight of you every morning" Hailey tests the waters for Jay's reaction, curious to see his thoughts on moving in with her if he picks up on the subtle hint. "Hu?" Jay furrows his eyebrows, not wanting to jump to the wrong conclusion and end up wanting to run a mile with embarrasment. "You heard what I said" Hailey blushes, now embarresed herself with the fact she just let that come out her mouth. "You mean, move in?" Jay double checks, baffled by the turn the conversation has taken. "Doesn't matter" Hailey embarrassingly puts her head to the table, pushing her half eaten food plate to the side. "Hey, Hails, if that's what you mean then yes" Jay smiles, lifting her chin up with his index finger until her face meets his. "Yeh?" Hailey says, her whole body closing up and appearing like a small vulnerable and scared child. "Yes, I think it would be amazing! Us two and the little bean. It might be quick, but I don't want to leave you....ever" Jay smiles, tilting his head, waiting for a yes or some sort of reaction off Hailey. "We should get ready for work" Hailey says, climbing down off the stool and making a beeline for the bedroom. "Damnit Jay" Jay scolds himself for being so careless and not remembering to tread lightly with Hailey still being highly vulnerable.

****

Jay holds the district door open for Hailey, each of them being incredibly careful not to fall on the dangerously icy steps infront of the vast building. "Nice to see you goodielocks" Platt belows from the desk, receiving a small wave from Hailey in response. "Not speaking to her today?" Jay furrows his brows, puzzled to why Hailey isn't having her daily morning chin wag with Platt. "You did hear about how she guessed Burgess was preggo, before she even told anyone didn't you?!" Hailey whispers, so quietly she is almost mouthing the words, trying her best to make sure Platt doesn't over hear. "Good point. When are you going to tell them?" Jay mutters at the top of the stair case, hoping Antonio won't hear them- his desk being right next to the stairs. "I haven't even been to the Doctors about it, I know three and a bit months, but I want to make sure it's okay" Hailey replies, chucking her coat onto her spinny desk chair. "Makes sense" Jay agrees, both of them trying to act as less suspicious as they can. "Wassup?" Kevin's deep voice makes them both jump, if anything is going to make them look suspicious that is it. "Nothing" They both answer in unison, acting as guilty as charged. Kev, Antonio, Kim and Al all look them up and down skeptically. Each one of them trying to figure out the bizzar behaviour and tension from Hailey and Jay. "What is going on?" Kim seeks, looking the two guilty up and down for any possible body language give away. Hailey gives Jay a nodd, a nodd of agreement for him to come out and tell everyone about their relationship. "Hailey and I..we ugh..we are" Jay stammers, uncomfortable with the conversation. Not because he doesn't love Haikey, because he is a keep in down, I don't like the attention guy. "Oh my God, I knew it! Al, you can pay me installments if you want" Antonio cheers, looking as smug as can be. "Wait, we don't know yet. They haven't confirmed it" Al puts his plam into the air, telling Antonio to slow down in attempt to keep onto his fifty bucks for as long as possible. "What do you think?" Hailey smirks, enjoying the little amusing fiasco playing out between them all. "Together" Kim says, scratching her head with embarrasment for some reason. "You're right, we are together. We are every day. You are going to have to clarify what you mean a little more" Jay chortles, crossing his arms and chewing on a pen, glancing across to Hailey with a subtle smile. "Like, kissy kissy way" Kevin mumbles, looking across to them both with his head still facing the floor. "I don't know. Are we Jay?" Hailey turns her chair to face Jay's, pretending to look genuinely intregued to Jay's answer, knowing how uncomfortable he his right now. All fifty shades of red, Jay burrys his face into his hands, much to the satisfaction of the team for just about completely confirming their question. Hailey decides to put a full stop to the whole thing and stands up from her chair, walking across to Jay and pulling his head up, so she can lean down and kiss him. Hailey separates from Jay after a second, and the whole room goes wild. The roars of cheer made it sound like you are at a football match once a goal has been scored. "Al, give Antonio however much you owe him" Jay chuckles, earning a notepad being chucked at him Via Al, as he snale pace walks over to Antonio and hesitantly hands over fifty bucks. "It is about bloody time. How long?" Kim asks, playfully shaking her head at Hailey, pretending to be unimpressed with her secrecy. "Two and a bit weeks" Hailey admits, knowing one of them is going to bring her whole burst of anger up from a few days ago. "We just didn't want to tell anyone, it being a new relationship" Jay saves Hailey's ass, making an exuse for why they hid it, even though they shouldn't have to exuse their desicions. "Hank is going to go ape with you Jay. That's both your partners now" Kevin mentions, getting supportive back up from the others, all of them having no idea that Hank encouraged it. "I know. I encouraged it aswell" Hank casually announces, swaggering from his office and straight down the middle path, created my the desks to, and into the locker room direction. Hanks sudden announcement leavs everyone- apart from Hailey and Jay- completely astounded. In house relationships has always been fround upon, with anyone, but somehow Jay and Hailey have both managed to dodge the bullet twice now. "Shall we just tell them? They are in shock anyway so probaly won't remember" Hailey proposes, looking up to Jay for his thoughts. "Fair point you have, might as well" Jay smiles in agreement, amused at the comical expressions and poses his friends are carrying. "Also, I'm three months pregnant" Hailey fires out, leading to an almighty crash from just behind them.