chapter 9

Jay picked up the phone in a booth. Thanks to the other ninja lifting him up, Jay was able to reach the buttons, phone and the coin slot despite being in the body of a kid.

"Collect call please!" Jay said to the phone.

-at the bounty-

Lloyd was still alone for neither group had come back yet. The boy decided to play some video games. A phone beside him rang. Lloyd tried to reach the phone with out getting out of his chair. Eventually, Lloyd was able to get the phone and put it on speaker while it hung from it's cord.

"Destiny's bounty." Lloyd answered.

"Lloyd! It's Jay! Let me talk to sensei!" Jay said relived that the phone was answered.
"Jay? Where are you? Why haven't you returned?" Lloyd asked.
"Sensei's out looking for you."

Jay sighed.
"Apparently you need parental permission to take the bus and we can't seem to get out of the city!" Jay said.
"Uh, what?" Lloyd didn't understand anything.
"Ahhh, never mind. It's a bit complicated. Just meet us at Buddy's pizza in 10 minutes! And bring our weapons!" Jay said hanging up.

"Weapons?" Lloyd leaned and fell off his chair. Confused as to what's going on, Lloyd just did what he was told.

Ten minutes later and Lloyd arrived at Buddy's pizza. The place was full of people with all ages. This place was poetry popular.

"Really? Of all places we could meet you pick this place?!" Cole yelled.
"What? I like their pizza." Jay said as an argument.
"Psst. Lloyd!"

Lloyd turned to see five kids in a booth.
"Beat it brat I'm on a mission!" Lloyd started to turn.
"It's me kai." The kid said. Lloyd raised an eyebrow. He wasn't convinced.

Zane nudged Morro who was looking pretty tired. Morro saw that Lloyd didn't know it was them and he clicked his wrist sending a small gust of wind at Lloyd's face.

Lloyd's eyes widened. He dropped all the weapons he was carrying.
"Woah! What happened?!" Lloyd exclaimed.
"You're. Uh, uh... Small!"

The place went quiet.
"Keep it down! We're trying to lay low!" Kai said.
"Your father's mega weapon not only turned us into kids, but unleashed a creature who's sole purpose is to hunt down ninja!" Kai said. Lloyd had to think.

"Typical Garmadon!" Cole said.
"And now, every time we try to tell someone, they won't believe us! 'Cause were kids!" Jay complained.
Lloyd picked up the weapons and started to laugh.

"What's so funny?!" Kai asked.
"Well, I guess you now know what it feels like to be treated differently." Lloyd threw the weapons on the table.
"I've felt it before and I don't like it." Morro said leaning on the table.
"What's with him?" Lloyd asked.
"He's... Tired." Zane said.

"I wanna go to the forest." Morro muttered while resting his head on the table.
"Look, this is serious. If we don't turn big so we can use our spinjitzu, we don't stand a chance against the grundle!" Zane said.

"Well, what about me? I know spinjitzu! And doesn't Morro still have his powers?" Lloyd said.
"Yeah, well you don't know the grundle! We all need to be at full strength." Kai said.
"And well, you don't need an explanation for Morro." Jay added.
"What we need or do first is to find someone who might know more about how to defeat one of those things!" Kai said.

Lloyd spotted a kid reading a comic book.
"Lloyd! Focused!" Cole saw Lloyd looking away.
"I am." Lloyd said.
"I think I know just the guy."

Lloyd had lead the ninja to the comic book shop "doomsday comix". Lloyd proudly ripened the door and walked in. Cole looked around and saw all the comics.