chapter 19

The ninja ran back to base where sensei Wu, Lloyd, Misako, and Dr. Julien were.

"Hey! They found the falcon!" Dr. Julien pointed to the lifeless mechanical bird in Zane's arms.
"Why are they running?" Lloyd asked.

"Prepare for battle. We've got company." Zane said setting the falcon down.
"You were spotted? By one? Two?" Sensei asked.
"How about... All of them...?" Kai said.

"Did you locate the temple of light?" Misako asked.
"It's resting on the peak of a mountain." Morro said.
"I hope those vehicles are ready because we could sure use them now." Kai said.

Dr. Julien ealked up to the drill he had been working on.
"Guess you're gonna have to figure this baby out on the fly." He said.

The cockpit opened and the ninja jumped in.
"We've also packed another surprise in the back. Perhaps it can be of use." Nya kissed Jay before he jumped in.
"Another Nya surprise?" Jay exclaimed.

"You'll have to go too. Be safe." Misako told Lloyd.
"We will." Lloyd jumped in.
"Whatever you do, do not stop until you get to the Temple of Light. Our survival depends on it." Sensei said.

"This time, we'll stick to the plan." Kai said.
"Good luck ninja." Wu said. With Cole at the wheel, the ninja sped off in their new vehicle.

They left just enough that this stone army saw and followed them.
"Uh, you do know how to steer this thing right?" Jay asked. Cole stepped on the gas. They were gaining on them.

Two stone army vehicles closed off the path in front and Cole drifted to the side, back and dived. He pulled a lever and the car started to drill.

The driller popped up at the base of the mountain.
"Well, that's about as far as this baby will go. We'll have to do the rest on our own." Cole said.
"That was intense." Morro said.
"But we'll never make it up the mountain before they arrive." Lloyd said.
"Well, then let's see what my sister packed." Kai jumped out of the driller and ran to the back.

He found a red trunk with a but on on it. As soon as Kai pushed it, it sprung open into a climbing mech.
"Oh, I love my sis!" Kai exclaimed.

The stone army reached the base of the mountuan too.
"Leave this to me!" Kai turned around in the mech and jumped up to a stone soldier.
"Hey, buddy, you just had to be first. And guess what you win? A little of this!" Kai threw the vehicle back into the forest.
"Who's next?" Kai asked.

He slowly backed up, then ran at the charge in front of him. Kai slammed the mech's fists on the ground and crashed a few cars. He then turned around to go back to the others.

Haha, reinforcements came and started to attack.
"These guys just don't stop." Jay said.
"Then we better not stop. Get on and let's go!" Morro pointed to Kai. The other ninja got on the mech and Morro started to fly up. Kai started to climb but the enemy's cars droves right up the mountain.

"Ugh. They're still coming." Jay looked down.
"Ah, one of these days, were gonna have to fight." Cole said.
"We're not climbing fast enough!" Zane said.

One stone warrior jumped onto the mech's foot. Morro retracted his staff then jumped down to meet the stone warrior.
"Hi." Morro said as he hung onto he mech. Morro then pressed the button on his staff and it pushed the stone warrior off the mechanism and Morro jumped up to keep going.

"Activate hook!" Kai pressed a button and a grapple shot out of the mech 's left hand. It grabbed the peak and pulled the ninja up faster.

The reached the top. They reached the temple of light. Or the place where it was shown.
"Oh! We made it to the top! But where's the Temple of Light?" Jay looked around.
"Are you sure you used the medallion right?" Lloyd asked.
"Oh, of course I used it right. It said it should be right here." Jay pointed.