chapter 24 THE FINALE

After beating and tying up Kozu who landed in the dojo, Dareth kicked him onto the street.

Dark cloud like things grabbed onto the power controls and brought the electricity up to one spot in the sky.

"Heh, I told you they'd do it." Dareth said looking up. Edna looked at the gray sky.
"Oh, is it the Ninja?"

"It must be." Lou said.
"The Ninja have won?"
"Haha, we're saved!"

"About time." Brad complained.
"Now to get this place back in order." Lou said. Kozu started to laugh. A weight beam of light flashed onto the ground and the critezens panicked and ran.

"What the--" Dareth walked out into the street as Garmatron appeared from the light.
"What is that?"

"Oh. All right. You will have until the count of three to leave here before I unleash the power of one, hee-yah! The Dragon." Dareth shouted and flapped his arms.
"Two, the penguin!" He chattered.

The Overlord targeted the weapon at Dereth.
"Two and a half...?" Daretg slowly backed down.
"Three."

The Overlord pushed the button and fired dark matter at him. Thabkfuly Dareth jumped out of the way. The Overlord took more shots at him but somehow, Dareth was able to run away.
"Where are those ninja?!!!!"

Moving throughout the city, the Overlord reached havoc where he went. Shooting dark matter when he wanted. Wings began to sprout on his back.

-the dark island.-

The ninja sat on the shore staring out onto the sea.

"Can is till fight?" Lloyd asked. Dr. Julien wrapped up his broken foot with bandages.
"Hmm, I'm sorry. That leg will take weeks to heal." He said.
"But we don't have weeks-- arrgh!" Lloyd since in pain.

"The battle between good and evil will be decided today." Wu said.
"And we can't even get to the fight, much less get off this island." Kai threw a stone onto the water.
"Ah. I wonder if I'll ever see Nya again." Jay sighed.
"Perhaps it's best to think of our friends as we remember them in our hearts, not as they are now." Zane said.

"But I don't remember my father any other way." Lloyd said being helped to the group.
"Your father loved you. It was the evil of the Great Devourer that corrupted him." Misako said.
"Sensei, I don't understand. The prophecy said the Green Ninja would defeat the Dark Lord." Skipped another stone.
"Why didn't we win?"

"I... Don't know." Sensei answered.
"Don't know? You're sensei! You always know! You have a long white beard!" Jay exclaimed.
"There must be some message to learn. A lesson. A word of wisdom. Just a word? Something?" Kai asked.
"For once, I'm afraid there is nothing to learn. Only that evil has won." Wu said.

"If Sensei doesn't have a lesson, then I do. I used to be nothing but trouble, but then I met you guys. You took me in. Showed me the importance of being brave, the importance of being strong. And most importantly, being good." Lloyd grunted as he placed his foot down.
"When this battle first began, when the First Spinjitzu Master fought the Overlord and his back was up against the wall and he knew it was all over, did he quit? No. He found a way to keep the fight going. He passed his Elemental Powers to us. Of all people, a bunch of kids. But there must have been a reason he chose us. I'd like to think it's because he knew we'd never back down, we'd never give up. We've learned the ancient ways of the ninja. And ninja never quit."

Morro sat on his knees as the stared at the sand.
"Something bothering you?" Cole asked.
"Something's bothering everyone." Morro replied.
"You always have more on your mind." Zane said.

"Okay, I've read every sort of information connected to this battle. They all end the same way. But what I didn't pay attention to is how they started." Morro said standing up.
"But they all start the same way too. With that." Morro pointed to Ninjago covered in a dark cloud.
"Darkness."