chapter 12

In the hot desert heat in the city of Ourobosos, a snake-copter landed and a serpentine scurried out. He quickly set up a chair and umbrella and Garmadon walked out to sit.

"Ah. It's so bright. I never understood how your kind could live in such heat." Garmadon complained.
"Lord Garmadon, what brings you to our humble dwelling?" The constrictai general asked.

"The Ninja may have destroyed my Mega Weapon, but I have an ingenious new plan." Garmadon said.
"Are we sssstill allowing him to be in charge of us?" Skales whispered to his fellow generals.
"Earlier, when pirates mutinied our ship and locked us in the brig, Captain Soto's journal mentioned they have been looking for a fabled dark island created out of evil itself. Once we find it, its concentrated dark powers will help me—I mean, us! We could rule Ninjago together!" Garmadon exclaimed.

"Oh, please. You're having us chase after fairy tales, now?" Skales waved his hand in the air.
"Not fairy tales, but a real place that existed long before any of us were around. A place full of untold power." Garmadon guestered with his hands.

"Untold power? Count me in!" The constrictai general said.

"A place dripping with evil!" Garmadon pointed.

"Evil, sounds nice!"

"I'm looking for a few brave snakes. Who'll join me?" Garmadon asked.
Three of the generals bowed with made Skales go along with it, sighing.

-the bounty-

RRRRIIIIIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!!

An alarm clock sounded off.
"Uh, ah!" Cole hit his head on the top bunk.
"Whaaa!!" Jay fell out of his.
Kai threw a ball at the alarm but it only made the clock bounce onto a record player and ring even louder.

All the ninja, except Morro who wasn't in the room, and Zane who had deafened his hearing, groaned.

Lloyd had enough. He charged up his power and completely destroyed the alarm clock leaving, silence.
"Is it Wednesday already?" Lloyd rubbed his eyes as he slowly got out of bed.

"Uh... Sunrise exercise? I hate sunrise exercise!" Jay exclaimed. The door to the ninja's room opened and sensei along with a cup of tea walked in.
"Ah. Good morning, morning, morning! Up, up. It's a new day, students." Wu opened the blinds, shining more light into the room.

"I noticed the Dragon made another mess outside. It looks like a two-person job, hehe." Sensei left the room.

"Uh, what was that, Sensei?" Cole's eyes widened and he ran around the room.
"Did I hear an SOS call come in?" Kai got out of bed.
"I sense I need to be somewhere else." Zane said changing into his gi.

The four ninja ran around the room, quickly getting dressed and ready for the day.
"Lloyd, haha. I'm sure you got this, heh." Jay placed a hand on Lloyd's shoulder.

"Aww, you might've been able to dump chores on me when I was smaller, but I'm grown up now. That's not fair!" Lloyd said.
"You're right, Lloyd. We need to settle this like men. With a round of Rock, Paper, Clamp!" Kai said exited.

"Woke up early and cleaned up. Dibs out." Morro said casually walking by the room.

"Everyone in!" Kai said. The five boys in the room put their hands in a circle.
"On three. One, two, three!"

Everyone chose paper while Lloyd chose rock.
"Haha, paper beats rock!" Jay said.
"How does paper beat rock?" Lloyd sighed as he got ready.

Outside, Lloyd was carrying a bad of the ultra dragon's deoppings while looking pretty annoyed, and the ninja stood beside him.
"I always have to do the dirty work." Lloyd complained.
"Hey, having a pet Dragon requires a lot of responsibility." Cole said.