VIII. Dead Mans Tale

I walk in to the dorm room with Caroline and Elena, holding a case of beer

I walk in to the dorm room with Caroline and Elena, holding a case of beer. "Say hi to my mom!" Bonnie cheered, I tried my best, trying to hide the case, most likely failing.

"Hi!" We all smile, walking to the other end of the room.

"They're planning me a welcome party." Bonnie excuses to the camera, "Just- Just something lowkey. I miss you." Caroline pulls another case out, waving it around. "Um, please come visit-when- when you get the chance." Bonnie says, trying not to laugh at Caroline. "I'll um, I'll talk to you soon."

"And by the way mom, I'm not a witch anymore because i died and then came back from the other side." Elena muses.

"Yeah, I'm the supernatural anchor that connects our two worlds together, so..." Caroline continues.

"Technically, I'm a ghost that people can still see and touch, so..." I start, smiling.

"Okay. So i left out a detail... or two." Bonnie huffs. "I'll explain when she visits." Bonnie looks around at all the stuff, tilting her head, "How big is this party going to be?"

"We'll lets see." Elena sighs. "Silas and Tessa are gone, and you finally aren't." Elena smiles.

Bonnie smiling and shrugging. "Which equals massive cause for celebration!"

"Which equals massive party." I add.

"Hopefully, since each of us only made one friend in college so far, and you don't even go to college." Elena states, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"And given that mine went radio silent after he kissed me, and yours was last seen at a tea part for a vampire-hating secret society." Caroline frowns.

"And this is why I'm not enrolled in college." I state.

"Augustine, right?" Bonnie asks. "The one who covered up your roommate's death and wants to kick you off campus?" Elena and Caroline give her looks, Bonnie shrugging. "What? I've kept up!" She defends. "The other side is boring. What else am i supposed to do."

"Yeah, i have no idea what's going on." I say shaking my head.

"Well, you were hidden in your car deep in the forest desiccated so..." Caroline chuckles. I nod, she has a fair point.

"All right. So Augustine wants us gone. Who cares? It doesn't matter. It's not gonna happen." Elena laughs. "We're moving on with our lives, together as functional vampires, and former witch anchor thing. I don't know." Elena laughs, making us all laugh, "You know A... there could be a bed right there." She says pointing to an empty space, "You could just compel yourself into college."

"Well, if this can't convince you, i don't know what can. But we're having a party, with Jello shots! And we could do this every weekend." Caroline bargins.