the only exception

We pulled up to the drive way and both boys in the back were asleep. They were both knocked out and tired from today. Dream and i got out of the car. I opened up the back door and shook George and Sapnap awake. They woke up and we all went inside. Walking in, all of them were yawning.

They were all getting ready for bed but I was outside. Just leaning and looking up at the moon. I heard the door behind me open and then close. Turning around i saw Dream. I gave him a small smile. He walked over to me and looked at the moon with me. We stood there looking in the sky with a calming silence.

I didn't notice but Dream opened up his phone. Music then started playing. The song called "the only exception" started going through my ears. My head turned towards Dream and saw him smile at me. He stood straight up and put his hand out.

"You want to dance with me?" He looked at me with a soft smile and a red hue on his face. I smiled back at him and took his hand.

When I was younger
I saw my daddy cry
And curse at the wind

He guided my hands. He put one of my hands on his shoulder and took the other one in his hand. He pulled me closer by the waist. The height difference was pretty funny though.

He broke his own heart
And I watched
As he tried to reassemble it

We started to sway with the music. This felt so calming. It felt like the most perfect moment in my life. We kept looking into each other's eyes. His eyes looking back at me with a gentle smile.

And my momma swore
That she would never let herself forget

The moon was shining bright down at us. I could clearly see his face. It made me notice all the small details like his freckles and his hair.

And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love
If it does not exist, but darlin'

I leaned my head against his chest. I could clearly hear his heartbeat. It was calming and it felt nice.

You are, the only exception

The only exception. I didn't have many people to talk with because i wasn't social enough to have many close friends with twitch streaming and all that. But somehow, a certain piss baby ended up in my life.

Maybe I know, somewhere
Deep in my soul
That love never lasts

People always come and go. That's why i never talked to people other than my family. But these three boys helped me open myself up.

And we've got to find other ways
To make it alone
But keep a straight face

I never have properly thanked the boys for everything. They've done so much for me. They helped me meet new people and helped me with my streaming.

And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable, distance
And up until now
I had sworn to myself that I'm content
With loneliness

I closed my eyes and focused on the music and his heartbeat. The quiet felt so different from a few hours ago. The fair was loud and crowded but now it's only us.

Because none of it was ever worth the risk
But, you are, the only exception
You are, the only exception

I wanted this to last forever. This moment with Dream will probably be my favorite memory. This felt right.

I've got a tight grip on reality
But I can't let go of what's in front of me here
I know your leaving in the morning, when you wake up

We have 4 more days. Four more days until he leaves. So we have to make the best of it. Spend all of it making memories. Memories with each other and the two boys.

Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream, oh

The music started to slow down. I kept my head on his chest and he had his head on top of mine. Even without words, we knew that this was a moment that should last forever.

You are, the only exception

We continued to sway with each other. The music begins to start to slow down. The comfortable silence.

And I'm on my way to believing
Oh, and I'm on my way to believing.

The music came to an end. We stopped dancing with each other. He let go of my hand and wrapped both of his hands around my waist. Dream took his head off of mine and looked down at me. I lifted my head up and stared into his eyes. The moon really did make his face look more perfect than it was. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

We just stood there in the calming atmosphere. The stars shining down. A smile started to creep up on Dream's face. I smiled back at him. Dream then started to lean down. Then the silence was disturbed by a clicking of a phone. We turned our heads around and saw George with his phone out and Sapnap looking from behind George. I widen my eyes. We caught them taking pictures.

"Damn it George, you forgot to turn off your ringer!" Sapnap yelled
"Oh shit," George whispered
"What the hell, I thought you guys were asleep." I said
"Hehe sorry Y/N." George started to back away.
"Get over here now." Dream started to get angry
"Haha funny joke." Sapnap started sweating

The duo then ran back into the house. Dream started to chase after them. I just laughed at their stupidity. I walked inside and looked at the three boys fighting over the phone. I sat down on the couch and watched them fight. They continued to fight for at least 5 minutes. I started to get bored so I decided to stop them.

"All of you stop it." I said in a stern voice

Dream got up and so as well as George and Sapnap. They looked over to me. I had a bored expression. I was already tired of today and i didn't want to deal with their bull crap.

"George, delete the photo." I said
"But why, it's cute." he showed me his phone
"It is really cute but i don't want you guys to have it in your phones." I sighed at them, it was like talking to a child.
"Fine" George dragged out the "i"

He deleted the photo and showed me his phone. There was no picture of us. I looked back at him and smiled. Little did both Dream and Y/N know, that George had already airdropped the photo to Sapnap.

~~~~

a/n i got this idea from tiktok 👁👄👁but when i was reading "it started with the stream { georgenotfound x read}" by aliandgracehot i saw that they did the same thing lol chile anyways go read their story :)