diamonds and polaroids

Hello everyone! I hope you've all been doing well lately! Regarding my absence; the state of wattpad as well as my own personal endeavors have led me to take a break for a while, and I'm thankful for all of the patience I've received!

To clear things up, yes, I'm back! Sorry for taking a while, I had some things to deal with, but now I'm in a position where I can come back to writing and to my stories!

I've been updating on ao3 lately, as there hasn't been an issue regarding the app/website, so if you want to check some of my stories out on there, the username is the same!

Please enjoy!

+++

Taking a deep breath, Yuqi huddled into her large sweater, the cool air feeling inviting as she watched the sunrise, one of her favorite pastimes, as it was a way to escape the issues in her life; for she was able to finally and fully relax.

Her sleep had been rudely interrupted by a call from her boss, Baekhyun, who asked her about her stay so far. She thought it was extremely unnecessary to call at 5:00 in the morning because what normal person does that?

Well, it wouldn't be her bubbly and cheerful boss if he didn't have an assignment for her, to which he did, he always did.

Yuqi had been assigned to interview the bride, otherwise known as the girl she was supposed to marry, and is now watching said girl get married to someone else, someone who isn't her.

Why was her life so unfair?

"You've got to be kidding me." Yuqi sighed as she focused on the painted colors in the sky, the only resemblance of a certain brightness that she seemed to be lacking so much.

It reminded her of the color she used to possess, that even after her mother's death, Minnie still gave her a reason to live fully, to live with color in her world. Now here she was, watching the sky hold the color that she so badly needed; perhaps her sky was Minnie.

She would agree to that, certainly. Minnie held the stars to her, the possibility of infinite happiness and love all in the body of a girl she loved so dearly, that she thinks of with every passing minute; and then the bitterness starts again, the reoccurring deprivation that she isn't the one that Minnie will end up with.

Shaking off these thoughts, she encapsulates the view into her memory for one last time, before eventually returning back into the rented hotel room paid for by none other than Byun Baekhyun; she had some research to do today.

+++

"Seriously?" Shuhua squinted her eyes at Yuqi, who rolled her eyes, nevertheless moving over so that the Taiwanese girl had more room to sit down next to her on the couch.

"It's for the article, Shu. Don't tell me you think I'm a slacker?" Yuqi challenged her, a smirk daunting with amuse as Shuhua sighed, creating a smirk of her own as she reads through Yuqi's notes.

Mark Lee:

-ceo of his own company; started at a very young age

-handsome, very intelligent and crafty

-minnie's fiancé

-a piece of shit

"Yes, because calling Mark Lee a 'piece of shit' is definitely for the article. Baekhyun would love that, wouldn't he?" Shuhua retorted, as Yuqi sighed, closing her computer as Shuhua had openly caught her red handed.