one truth and one lie

Shuhua groggily opened her eyes, her back cracking as she stretched her arms out, a small smile on her face forming when she looked to her right; a sleepy Seo Soojin resided there, her face smashed into the pillow and it took all of Shuhua's willpower not to kiss her right then and there.

It was a sense of irony that she felt, as if she was rich, famous, and had everything she had ever desired, but now loomed in a sense of depression and a drug addict. Being with Soojin had been all she wanted for half a decade now; every thought, action, and word reminded her of the Korean girl, and yet now she wondered whether this was fair to Soojin or not.

She signed up for a well Yeh Shuhua, not one who would leave her in less than a week and a half. A week and a half. The severity of it all made her heart feel heavy, a tear threatening to escape, and then another, and then another. Soon enough, she was hastily wiping her tears off of her cheeks as she felt her eyes hurt.

What had she done that was so bad, so malice, that she couldn't be happy?

"Honey? Are you alright?" Soojin's morning voice was like heaven to her ears, but it could only make her feel more desolate; the love that Soojin had for her was straining, and she feared that she would completely break the other girl into pieces.

She took a deep breath, reminding herself of the happy things that she was able to experience, and she faced Soojin with a smile. The redness of her eyes were apparent, and the latter was tempted to prod, but she figured that Shuhua was an adult, and if she needed help, she would ask for it. They've known each other for ages, after all.

"More than alright. God, you're so beautiful in the morning." Shuhua smiled softly, leaning in for a quick morning kiss, to which Soojin reciprocated quickly, the sick reddened young girl feeling slightly better for a moment, like she could pretend that what they had would last, that they had a future ahead of them.

Soojin laid back down, dragging Shuhua with her, as the younger girl rested her head on Shuhua's chest, the two girls eyeing the plain ceiling together.

"Can you believe it took us so long to get here? I can remember the days when we were so hopelessly in love, in our high school years. I still can't fathom how long ago that was, and here you are, in my arms. This is everything I could've asked for." Soojin whispered, kissing the top of her girlfriend's head as Shuhua nodded against her chest, the same lingering feeling coming back to her at Soojin's sentimental words.

"I certainly never thought I would be here in high school." Shuhua responded, her hands tracing patterns into the air, Soojin giggling before flipping over to look at her love.

"Come on, babe. We have shit to do today; Minnie wants me to persuade the venue to fill in some extra seats for you and Yuqi. Speaking of Yuqi, don't you have plans with her today?"

You won't need that extra seat for me.

"Yes." Shuhua cleared her throat, wincing at the pain in her chest that followed. "We have to take some pictures of the scenery and stuff, for the channel and the paper. She's gonna make me do all the work, it's my 'job'."

"You'll be fine, baobei. You didn't get that promotion for nothing, sexy. You and a camera is pretty hot..."

"I could use that camera for some other things, Jin. Just you wait." Shuhua whispered in her ear, jumping out of bed before Soojin could respond, and running into the bathroom.

"What should I do with her?" Soojin thought, laughing lightly before she too got up to get ready.

They both had a long day ahead.