i cannot lose you, and yet i already have

Hey guys, I hope you're all doing well. I'm sorry that my updates haven't been consistent at all; work has been keeping me awake for days and weeks, and I haven't had much time to sit down and write a chapter.

Please consider this as a early gift from me to you for the upcoming holidays; whatever you celebrate, I hope you enjoy yourself! We all deserve a break sometimes!

With that being said, I hope you enjoy the long chapter <3

+++

"Shit! Fucking hell, someone help me over here!" Soojin screamed, her body scrambling as Soyeon joined her, the two women trying to figure out a way to lift Shuhua up with dropping or hurting her.

Minnie stood there in silence, her own eyes drooping down from the exhaustion that she felt, the surge of information was stripping all her strength away; she couldn't break down now, not when everyone needed her, not when Yuqi needed her more than ever. The Chinese girl stood silently, tears flowing down her cheeks with both sorrow and regret, for all the things she said and for all the things she could've but didn't.

"Minnie! Get the keys, now! We're gonna have to speed over to the hospital!" Soyeon ordered, Minnie blinking in delay before she rushed out of the apartment, slamming the door open as Miyeon and Yuqi followed, Soojin and Soyeon holding the youngest in a rush as they sprinted out of the complex, not even bothering to close the door. All that mattered was Shuhua.

The five girls ran like they'd never before, the urgency of their hard hitting beating hearts drumming as they bolted to the car in a frantic panic. Miyeon's hands shook coarsely, her head was in a daze. They'd been preparing for a night together, and now they were about to break numerous laws and speed to the hospital.

How did this happen? Just yesterday it seemed that they were all safe, that they were happy. Now, they were desolate.

"Open the goddamn door!" Soojin commanded, even Soyeon's normal alpha stepping down as they'd never heard the quiet girl yell like this before; it was frightening, she was the epitome of fear at this very moment. That's what losing love does to you, that's what you feel when you could lose everything.

Minnie hopped into the driver's seat, the rest of the girls filing into the car as they shut the doors immediately, quickly strapping on belts as Minnie floored her foot onto the gas pedal, turning the wheel roughly as she maneuvered between the cars; Soojin and Soyeon held onto Shuhua for dear life, Miyeon holding onto the handle on top as they boomed across the highway, the car skidding slightly when Minnie jerked the wheel towards the exit.

"Get out now! Go!" Soojin and Soyeon yanked the door open once they reached the hospital, sprinting down the road and into the lobby as Miyeon and Yuqi followed them, leaving Minnie to herself in order to park the car. The Thai girl rested her head on the steering wheel for a moment, allowing herself to finally break down and cry; she was alone now, the only person she was letting down was herself.

She hadn't cried like this before, not even when her father died. Truth be told, he was a despicable person, he always made her feel terrible, as if being in his presence sapped the life out of her. He never taught her to be kind; she'd learned that herself, like everything else that was good for her. Minnie had made her own person, made her own mistakes, made her own decisions, and that was something she'd been proud of, until she gave up.