what now?

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor by all means so I'm aware that some aspects of this will be fabricated.

+++

Shuhua felt absolutely awful.

She had woken up in the middle of the night due to a coughing attack, the walls of her shared bathroom with Yuqi splattered in blood as she panicked, wiping them clean before the latter would wake up.

"What the hell is happening to me?" Shuhua sighed, her eyes fixated on the fish tank in the middle of the waiting room of the doctor's office, like looking at fish was supposed to make her apprehension lessen.

She looked around at the others, the sick room was infiltrated with all different types of people, children, modern adults who work a 9-5 shift in a white collar office, and older people, holding onto each other's hands as they waited nervously in the uncomfortable, suffocating environment.

Shuhua wasn't one to hope, to dream for much. She tended to be realistic, especially since all of her hopes have mostly ended in heartbreak. Finding Yuqi seemed to be the only good thing that came  out of divine intervention, if you asked her.

Speaking of Yuqi, her heart yearned for the girl, feeling a similar resemblance of pain within her own love life; Soojin loved her too, but it wouldn't happen, it couldn't happen, and Shuhua wouldn't let the older girl sacrifice everything she's ever known to be with her.

It wasn't worth it.

And so she waited. Sitting down on the hard chair with a sigh, reading through the messages on her phone as she cracked a little smile. Tzuyu could help them, she was sure of it.

All she ever wanted for Yuqi was for the latter to be happy, and crashing this wedding was the only way to ensure it, even if it costs her.

"Miss Yeh?" A nurse called out, as Shuhua sighed, nodding.

"That's me." She smiled weakly, as the nurse reciprocated her smile, holding her hand out.

"I'm Tiffany, follow me."

+++

Tiffany led Shuhua into an entirely blank white room, the blue bed hovering in the corner as Shuhua sat down on the duvet.

"I'll just have to run a couple of things, if that's alright? Dr. Kim will be with you in a minute after I take your blood pressure and such." Shuhua nodded, as Tiffany scurried around, the band on her arm getting uncomfortably tight as she focused on the posters on the wall instead.

Follow the nutrition diagram!

Be neat and don't eat sweets!

"Bullshit. Don't tell me I can't eat ice cream, you stupid sign." Shuhua sighed in relief as the machine loosened, her arm returning with feeling as Tiffany offered her a sad smile.

"Your blood pressure is slightly low, which could be a problem given what Dr. Kim says. I'll be back when she gets here to oversee. Take care for now, Shuhua." Tiffany flashed a quick grin before leaving the room, as Shuhua laid down on the bed for a moment.

Was she really sick? Was it just a hunch? Did she have a cold? She couldn't be sure of what it meant, but she was highly annoyed about it. Tzuyu was meeting with them in 2 days, and this would NOT get in the way of her plan.