[Twenty-Two: Survivor]

For the first time since Olivia had been raped, Elliot was allowed to see her. He had a bandage on his ear to protect the burn that George's bullet had caused, and Elliot prayed that Olivia didn't notice. He didn't want her to worry about what had happened upstate.

"Hey, Liv." Elliot spoke softly, as he opened the door to her private hospital room. Olivia slowly turned her head and shook her head a bit as she tried to fan Elliot away.

"Go." She mumbled.

"Olivia, you don't get to push me away right now. Not after what you went through. You need me. You need the whole fucking crew. I'm not leaving you alone, because when you are alone you start to have bad thoughts. I know you, Olivia. I know you better than you probably know yourself." Elliot whispered.

Olivia tried to fan him away again, but Elliot grabbed her hand and placed a kiss to her palm. Olivia sobbed as she grabbed on tightly to his hand.

"He. Raped. Me." She struggled to speak.

"I know, Olivia. But you will survive this all. You are a fighter. And if you don't feel like fighting for yourself right now, fight for those sweet kids that are at home right now. They don't know what happened, but that doesn't mean that they aren't scared." Elliot breathed.

"Who?" Olivia whimpered.

"Liv-"

"Who!" Olivia demanded.

"George hired someone to rape you. We arrested him tonight, and we are searching for the guy who was hired." Elliot spoke, as he reached out and brushed some of Olivia's hair away from her bruised face.

"Why?"

"He was angry at you." Elliot frowned.

"I hate him." Olivia growled.

"I hate him too." Elliot breathed. 

They sat in silence before Olivia started to cry again. Elliot didn't know if he should try and comfort Olivia or let her cry it out. But he decided on comforting her. He climbed into bed with her and held her close. She snuggled into Elliot's chest as she tried to match her heartbeat to Elliot's but it was no use.

She was so broken, and nothing could fix her at the moment.

///

It took a few weeks for Fin and the crew to track down the rapist. But when they did, Elliot 'accidentally' broke his nose since he had been resisting. The man was nearly six-five and three hundred pounds. He had such an advantage over Olivia, that she couldn't stop him even if she hadn't had the wind knocked out of her.

Fin decided that he would tell Olivia about arresting her rapist, while Elliot went with Kat to see the kids and relieve Lucy.

"Does it feel good to be out in the sun?" Fin asked, as he walked into the courtyard. It was still cold and the ground was covered in snow, but the sun was warm and Olivia needed some sun after being stuck inside for three weeks straight.

"Fin." Olivia mumbled. Her words were a little clearer now that she had gotten used to having her jaw wired shut, but it still wasn't as clear as talking with a perfectly working jaw.

"So, does it feel good or not?" Fin smiled, as he brushed snow off of the bench and sank down beside Olivia's wheel chair.

"Good." Olivia sighed. She looked down at her arm, and frowned as she traced where Elliot had wrote fearless on her cast.

"I have some news, Liv."

"Yeah?" She whispered, not even turning and looking at her friend.

"We caught your rapist. He's in jail and his nose is super messed up after Elliot decked him." Fin spoke. Olivia lifted her head and turned to look at Fin.

"Huh?"

"You don't need to be scared anymore. George and your rapist are in jail. They aren't hunting you anymore."

"Kids?" Olivia asked.

"They still don't know about you being raped. They only know about you getting hurt and needing to stay in the hospital."

"Don't tell them."

"I won't." Fin spoke.

"Testify?" Olivia questioned.

"We need you too. Carisi will be by to-"

"No. Not him."

"Liv-"

"Get someone else."

"Liv-"

"No!"

///

Olivia sat beside Elliot in the court room three months after she had been attacked. Her jaw was no longer wired shut, her arm was now in a brace, but her bruises weren't fading. She would always have scars on her mind and body that would remind her on a daily basis that she had been raped and beaten.

"How do you find the defendent?" Judge Donnelly questioned. She moved her eyes from the head juror and where Olivia sat quietly.

"We find the defendent, George Potts, guilty on all counts." The man spoke. Olivia started to cry quietly as she grabbed ahold of Elliot's hand and squeezed it tightly.

"We would like-" The defense attorney started, but Judge Donnelly held up her hand.

"Tomorrow morning we will decide on sentencing. Mr. Potts, you made a huge mistake hiring someone to attack Captain Benson. And let's hope you are prepared to spend a very long amount of time in jail for your crimes."

Everyone was dismissed, yet Olivia and Elliot sat together as the room grew quiet.

"El?" Olivia asked softly.

"Yeah, Liv?"

"This is the end, right?"

"The end of the case... yes. But your fight still isn't over. But I know that you will make it through this and come out stronger." Elliot spoke. Olivia looked at him for a moment before smiling softly.

"I couldn't have did this without you. I'm so thankful that you came back into my life. I love you." Olivia breathed.

"I love you too, Liv." Elliot spoke softly.

They sat there for awhile longer before the door opened and Kat peeked her head in.

"Hey, are you two going to join us? We are going out to drink and celebrate the fact that George is going to rot in jail." The young detective smiled.

Olivia sighed softly as she squeezed Elliot's hand. 

"Actually, I think we are going to head out to my house and spend the rest of the day with the kids." Olivia breathed. Elliot blushed a bit as Olivia said those words, before Kat smiled.

"We will see you two tomorrow, then. Have a good night, love birds." Kat grinned, before quickly slipping out of the room before Olivia could throw something at her.

"We are still taking things slow, correct?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Super slow. But it feels amazing to survive being hurt and end up with my best friend."