Chapter 9- A Bully, a Friend, and a Secret

Ember's POV

I woke up to my alarm the next morning and got out of bed. Still half asleep, I get up and sit at my vanity. I always put post-it notes on the mirror for the next morning, that way when I wake up, as soon as I read them, I'll get motivated and excited for the day. So I looked over to read the one from last night.

"You got this girl! It's your first day of 8th grade! Now go get dressed and ready to go!! And don't forget your make up!! GOOD LUCK TODAY!" It read

As soon as I finished reading it, I perked up. "My first day? SHOOT ITS MY FIRST DAY!!" I thought as I stood up and ran to my closet. I looked through my clothes and finally found the first day outfit. After putting it on, I brushed my hair and went downstairs.

Dad and Kayden were already down there, eating breakfast.

"Hey Em! Excited for school?" My Dad asked me, eating his cereal.

"Yeah! I hope it goes well." I replied, opening the cabinet and getting out a box of cereal.

Then I went to the fridge. I pulled out dairy-free milk(thanks to my allergies) and poured it into my bowl.

"I have a feeling it'll be a lot of fun!" Kayden reassured me.

I just nodded and ate my cereal. I knew this year would be hard. Especially if those idiot bullies, Gunner and his "gang" were still there.

Flashback

Ember was walking down the hallway (she's in 6th grade btw) when she sees some kid being beat up by a bunch of boys.

"Hey!" She said as she ran over, "what's going on?"

"None of your beeswax, crop top!" One of the boys, Gunner yelled.

"Who you callin' crop top?" I asked sassily.

"You. And if you think I'm just gonna let some GIRL boss me around-"

Ember punched him in the face and helped the kid up.

"I'm more than a girl. I'm what you call

A warrior."

She flipped her hair and walked off.

"Boys are such jerks." She thought.

Now back to present time

I thought about that moment again and again in my head. I got so mad! All they ever do is beat up kids because they think they're better than everyone.

I kept getting angrier and angrier. The rage boiling inside me.

"Ow!" I said as I dropped my spoon.

I looked at it and saw a red hot dent in it.

"Uh.... Dad."

Time skip

I was upstairs doing my makeup. I couldn't believe it. I was an elemental master!! This was so exciting! Before I knew it, my lipstick was all over my face. Oops. I realized I must have zoned out and began to wipe it off. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time, then grabbed my backpack and went downstairs.

"Have a great first day, kiddos!" Dad called as we went outside to the bus stop.

This was it.

The first day.

Is it hot in here?

Aiden's POV

Dad dropped me off at school and I went to my locker. When I got there, I noticed a post-it note on it.