Chapter 1

Lainey

Lainey sat on the barstool of a bar in the downtown San Fransisco area. She had just turned 17, but needed to find a job. What better place than the place you can meet new people like you and watch people drunkenly hit on each other. The lights pulsated around the bar, ultimately making Lainey even more nervous, her heart beat seemed to go just as fast.

Lainey held her resume in her shaky, sweaty hands, swiveling her body back and forth between her feet, it felt impossible to sit still, she had never gone through an interview before, and she was a minor. She couldn't wait to sit here legally one day and order a drink, but for now, she was just a Senior in high school living the end of high school away.

A middle aged man sat behind the bar and served drinks to locals on a Wednesday night. Lainey waited patiently for her interview, she was so excited she came in 30 minutes early for the interview.

"Lainey?" She heard her name called. Lainey looked up and scanned her surroundings till she caught a glimpse of a beautiful girl making her way towards her with the biggest smile on her face.

"I-uhm, yeah that's me." She mentally facepalmed as the girl standing in her midst left her speechless. The darkest black hair and honey golden brown eyes she's ever seen.

"I'm going to be doing your interview, today." She smiled, Lainey got up and followed her to the back. She was a bit surprised to say the least, this interviewer looked about her age, she even looked a bit familiar, like Lainey had seen her somewhere before.

"Is that your resume?" She asked once she closed the office door behind her, making her long legs stretch to walk in her short skirt. Her legs were gorgeously long and thin.

"Uhm, yeah." Lainey smiled nervously before extending her arm to hand it to her. The woman grabbed the resume with a smile and proceeded to the second chair in the office.

"Take a seat." She said, so Lainey sat down in the chair across from another chair in the office. Lainey then watched as the interviewer threw the resume in the trash and took a seat in the chair next to her. "Why do you want to work here, Lainey." Her name sounded so much better from her lips.

"Well... I think the atmosphere suits me pretty well." Lainey smirked, referring to the pride frags that lined the walls of the bar along with the many sets of LED lights that were pulsating around the bar during the night. The interviewer laughed softly, "but if I'm being completely honest, my family is in financial trouble and I need a job. I don't want to act too desperate, although I think this job would really suit me and I would get along with almost everyone here."

That must've been the kind of answer the interviewer was looking for, because she smiled widely and reached her hand out to Lainey, "when can you start?"

Lainey shook her hand and smiled back, wow. That was easy. "Tomorrow." She smiled nervously. She was ready to start today if she could.

"Okay, great. You're hired! See you tomorrow night at 5." She smiled. "Oh god I'm sorry, I'm new to this whole interviewing thing, my name is Jess." She stuck out her hand once again, "my dad and I run this bar.

Now that Lainey knew her name, she started to put piece and piece together to find out who she was. "Do you go to Winston?" Lainey asked, referring to a nicer high school in San Fransisco that she also attended.