Twenty One

Leni stayed with Jessica for a week since the latter cannot afford to stay at hers because she has to live up with her father's expectations.

Only few of Jessica's friends know that he is gay. It's the typical strict businessman cliche where he wants a righteous heir to be married to the ideal woman for his own gain kind of drama. At least, that's what she knew.

Much to their own dismay, Leni had to oblige since she wanted to be safe and secured because her stupid ex-boyfriend, Stuart, escaped and police are still on the hunt for him.

Amanda only talked to Sister Hannah to inform her that she will be visiting a week after instead due to a personal emergency and the nun only prayed for the best for her and promised to talk to the expectant children awaiting her presence.

Amanda sighed and played with her ballpen while staring at her computer in the office. She can't think straight. She knew there's something more why Stuart acted that way towards her friend. She knows Stuart is not that kind of guy who will take it out on her friend. Leni had been nothing but sweet and submissive to her boyfriend's demands, at least, that what she sees.

"Ang lalim naman no'n!" Her officemate, Kristina Sullivan, said in her seat and turned to face her. "Problem, mamsh?"

Amanda breathed out and shook her head. She chose to keep it to herself than bore someone else with her problems.

"Just tired, I guess. " Amanda said and gave her a small smile. She turned her attention to her computer again and tried to focus.

"Maybe a coffee will help." Jericho said from behind her and casually placed the hot drink on her table.

Amanda would like to reject him but it would be rude because Jericho is just being nice.

"Thanks." Amanda mumbled and typed a few words on her computer.

Out of the blue, Amanda thought of someone with nice eyebrows. Someone with deep set eyes and a smile that would make any woman fall so hard.

Amanda blinked when her ballpen fell on her left side and her gaze landed on the man standing beside her cubicle.

From the smooth shiny shoes to the  crisp black pants to the simple white polo, this man is definitely immaculately gorgeous.

"You must be, Amanda?" The guy smiled and Amanda almost fell from her seat.

Amanda stood up in an instant. She straightened her skirt and offered her hand out.

"Good afternoon, Mr." The guy shook her hand and returned his hand to his side pocket. "Yes, I'm Amanda."

"Flynn Jackson." Flynn smiled again and Amanda swore she can almost feel her panties dropped when she saw his eyes sparkle with interest.

"Oo nga pala, everyone, listen. " Their HR Manager, Miss Gretchen, who Amanda might add is about nine months pregnant, announced at their department.

All eyes focused on their Manager as well as Amanda's.

"This is Flynn Jackson, manager from our resort branch. He will be staying with us for about two months for business relations purposes." Miss Gretchen said while touching her already round stomach. "In due time, manganganak na ako so for the meantime, he will be taking charge of you all. I expect full cooperation and compliance with you."

"Yes, Ma'am!", all of them chorused and some guys nodded in agreement. "Hello, Sir Flynn!" some women greeted and smiled at him.

"Hello everyone. I don't bite, I promise." Flynn chuckled. "Let's just be cool with each other as you all do with Gretchen."

Flynn received loud murmurs of excitement and welcome noise of the usual department.

What surprised Amanda more was Flynn was seated behind her. He was in a table beside Miss Gretchen where he can freely see everybody on their floor.

Amanda pretended not to notice and took a deep breath.

Get it together, girl! It's just a little crush!

Amanda blushed at her realization and saved the document on her flash drive.

She looked at the clock and found out that it's almost five o'clock.

She barely noticed the time since she was still preoccupied of recent events in her life.

She automatically saved everything on her computer and started turning it off. She made sure her cellphone, charger and umbrella are inside her bag before standing up to go out the office.

Her officemates started fixing their things as well, all aching to end their day.

"Halika na, mamsh. Kating-kati na ako gumora!" bulong ni Kristina at sabay na silang lumabas ng opisina.

As soon as they got out the door, hindi na napigilan ni Amanda magtanong.  "Himala, mamsh. Hindi ka ata nanggigil sa bago nating boss?" Amanda laughed.

Kristina frowned. She pressed the elevator for them.

When they stepped inside, the two friends immediately kept quiet. Other companies are sharing the building with them so they make it a point not to talk about work inside afraid they might be reprimanded if they rant their complaints.

They waited until they reached the lobby and got out the building. They both smiled politely at the guard in charge.

"Ay nako, mamsh. Hindi ko kaya feel yung Flynn na yun! Parang ang creepy nyang tingnan!" Kristina said and went to the parking lot across the building inside their vicinity.
"Sabay ka na, mamsh! Mukang uulan pa yata!" She commented looking at the somewhat dark gray sky.

Amanda shook her head.
"Oks na ko dito mamsh. May bibilin pa ako sa botika para kay papa at mama. Thanks mamsh!" she smiled and waved at her friend.

"Sure ka, girl?" Kristina asked her forehead creased unsure of what her friend said.

Amanda nodded.

"Final answer?" Kristina asked again as she started the engine while looking at her from the driver's seat.

"Wag mo ako itempt!" Amanda laughed. "May obligasyon pa ako! G na!" Amanda waved again and started pulling out her automatic umbrella. "Ingat sa pagdrive! See you bukas!"

Kristina nodded and waved at her. As she locked her car doors, she drove off.

Amanda started to feel the raindrops on her umbrella so she started to boom for a grabcar. It will take the driver around ten minutes to reach her so she went back to the building.

Around seven minutes, she was inside the car and told him to drop her off at the drugstore two blocks away from her home.

Within forty-five minutes and some shortcuts, she was inside the drugstore buying her parents their medicine. She also bought some snacks, mints and mouthwash for her before going to the tricycle terminal.

The rain had stopped but the road is still wet so she had to walk slowly not to trip and slip.

Suddenly, she felt cold shivers as she craned her neck behind her. She felt like someone was watching her.

Guni-guni mo lang yan, girl. Malamig lang kaya ka praning.

With that thought, she walked quickly to the terminal and got inside a tricycle.

In about ten minutes, she was outside their gate when a black sedan stopped  on the house beside her.

Amanda's eyes widened when she saw who got out to open the gate of the house beside hers.