Twenty Three

It has been three weeks and Amanda is still bothered by her dream and the mysterious neighbor she has.

Her friends have no idea about her current dilemma which she chose not to divulge.

It also has been three long weeks of boring, routinary and strenuous day-to-day activities. Pre-employment exams for applicants, meetings left and right, and the current monthly report, your so-called, typical everyday life.

Oh, and to add? Their boss is nowhere to be found.

Not that she mind, but, with nosy officemates and secretary who practicality asks her every time they meet at the hallways and canteen, she really starts to wonder where on earth is their boss.

Amanda sipped her c2 apple drink after taking a bite on the beefsteak she has while letting her eyes roam around the canteen on a Wednesday afternoon. She had her late lunch because of an urgent meeting of the bosses of each department. She was asked to join because Miss Gretchen is on leave and  Flynn is out on a convention.

Amanda sighed and continued eating.

Saan ko nga ba nakita yung kapitbahay namen na yon? And what's with his dark aura?

Kunot ang noong napapaisip si Amanda habang sinasara ang lunchbox nya. She stood up and went to throw the bottle of c2 at the trash bin beside the exit of the canteen.

Still in trance and out of focus, she failed to notice a lean and tall man coming out of the restroom and bumped into each other.

Amanda fell hard on her butt when their shoulders bumped into each other.

"Araaay!" Amanda winced in pain and stroke her hips and butt hoping to subside the pain.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry!" The man apologized and hurriedly helped her up, oblivious to people passing by in and out of the canteen. The man even adjusted his eyeglasses before finally helping her stand up.

Amanda took a good look of the person she bumped into and instantly she shivered in disbelief.

Right in front of her is her neighbor.

The said man stands a foot taller than her, probably around 5'3, with seemingly beefy arms which flexes with his polo, lean body and smart frame.

He actually looked like Clark Kent. The Asian version. He appears to have a well toned complexion. Moreno type. Like Jericho Rosales' type of skin.

He actually looks good but his dark aura still remains despite his stance.

"Sorry. I really am." The guy said and bowed for a few times.

Amanda couldn't find the right words to say as they meet in an uncomfortable state. She opened her mouth and closed it again.

Amanda closed her eyes and heaved out a sigh.

Amanda met the guy's eyes beneath his round glasses and uttered an answer.

"It's fine. Ako ang hindi tumitingin sa daanan." Amanda said and apologized as well. The guy stopped bowing down and give her a small smile.

"Can I offer you some snacks outside after office hours as my apology instead?" The guy asked, looking sheepishly at her. They stepped back to let people enter the canteen.

Amanda realized they were drawing attention and kept her voice down.
"Uh, no. It's fine already. I have to go. Bye."

Without looking back, Amanda went up her floor ignoring how the guy was  calling her out.

Amanda drew a deep breath when she entered the restroom. She was thankful that no one was inside.

She washed her face from the water from the faucet and wiped it dry using a paper towel.

Staring at her face, she realized her knees were shaking.

Bakit ganoon na lang epekto nya sa akin? Daig ko pa natrauma sa presensya nya?

With her already dry face, she washed it again hoping to erase the guy's effect on her and finally she calmed down. Again, she had to wipe it dry and decided to brush her teeth.

Andami ko ng nakikilalang bago lately, pero ano ba meron 'tong lalaking 'to at hindi ako mapanatag?

Another wave of worry crossed Amanda's eyes. She re-applied on her lipstick and quietly and calmly closed her pouch.

Hoping against hope, she will understand whatever cryptic presence her neighbor has before God knows what happened to her.

She has an awfully bad feeling about it. How the guy gives her chilly feeling. How she suddenly dreamt of her childhood experience.

Everything seems so weird. So fucking weird.

With last satisfied look at herself in the mirror, she went back to her office.

Glancing at the clock, 2:20 PM, it read, she checked her table hoping to find her planner, but was surprised to find a slice of tiramisu cake from her favorite bakeshop on a table, with a note addressed to her.

Sorry for earlier. Hope you are fine. Something to brighten up your day.
😊 Romeo B.

Amanda sat and checked the food.
Feeling suspicious, she looked around to see if anyone was looking and when there was none, she crumpled the paper and threw the cake with it in the trash can.

Amanda sighed and noticed her cellphone beeping.

Sister Hannah
Hello, dear! This weekend is fine! The kids can't wait to see you! Sana raw matuloy na.

Amanda felt a twinge of guilt remembering how she had to postpone her visit at the orphanage last time due to Leni's emergency. She replied immediately.

To: Sister Hannah
Yes po. I freed up my schedule this weekend. Will definitely be there po. 😊

Satisfied, Amanda locked her cellphone and continued to finish the document she's supposed to submit to Flynn within the day.

She made sure that she sent it to Flynn's email before shutting down the computer and going out the building.