Thirty Two

"She needs to rest for now. She will wake up later." The male voice said and went away.

Amanda woke up feeling light-headed. She was temporarily blinded by the light and blinked again.

She automatically saw Jessica, Leni and Olivia sitting on the couch across from her.

Her eyes went up to see her arm on a dextrose.

"Bakla!" Leni and Olivia exclaimed at the same time and rushed to her side.

Kristina, who was at the door of the room, went up to her as well. Jessica sighed and followed them.

"Anong ginagawa nyo dito? Asan ako?" Amanda asked, her voice still strained as she tried to sit up.

"Obvious ba na nasa ospital ka, bakla?" Jessica asked, sarcasm present in her voice.

"Baks!" Leni said, slapping Jessica's arm.

"We found you on the streets. Nagmessage ka ng location mo kahapon. We all thought it was an emergency so we all rushed there." Olivia said and touched her hand to squeeze it.

"Sabi ko kasi sayo, mamsh, na wag ka na pumunta pa dun eh!" Kristina exclaimed, her eyes got teary and worried.

"I'm glad you all found me. Si Alan?" Amanda realized she got out with Alan yesterday. "Asan si Alan? Nakatakas ba sya? Tell me, he's okay!" She panicked and looked in their eyes, fear creeping out of her system once again.

"Alan's in another room beside yours. Don't worry." Leni said and rubbed her hand on her arms to hush her.

"Thank God. Thank God." Amanda exhaled in relief and lied down her back again. She closed her eyes when she remembered how scary it was.

Amanda opened her eyes and searched for Kristina's. Their eyes met and she asked her friends to give them time to talk privately.

Leni grabbed both Jessica's and Olivia's hands as they went out.

Kristina sat on the chair beside Amanda's bed.

"Tell me what happened." Kristina said holding Amanda's hand.

"Magsisimula na dapat kami ni Alan sa English when I saw him in the study room hugging his knees to his chest." Amanda said in a small voice. "I got Alan to talk pero ang sabi lang niya na hindi ako dapat naroon sa kanila dahil may gagawing masama daw sa akin ang daddy niya."

Kristina's grip tightened and caressed Amanda's arm with her free hand.

"Ikaw agad ang una kong naisip na tawagan. I remembered your warning about Arnold. I couldn't think straight. All I ever wanted was for us to escape their house." Amanda said, her voice wavering and her eyes were filled with tears remembering the incident that night." It was raining hard. I was already on the street. I can saw Alan under that tree but some- somebody grabbed me and covered my mouth and.. and then, I passed out."

Kristina hugged her friend to comfort her.

"You're safe now. It's okay. You're okay." Kristina said, reassuring her and wiped Amanda's tears.

"We have food!" Jessica's cheery voice boomed inside the room as Olivia and Leni placed the stack of foods from their favorite fastfood.

"Ano gusto mo, Amanda? " Olivia asked as she sorted the foods from the plastic. "Shanghai Lauriat or Chicken Lauriat or Chao Fan? May Siopao and Siomai din kaming binili."

"Ikaw, mamsh? Mga Baks, siya pala si Kristina. Kaopisina at kaibigan ko." Amanda introduced Kristina to her friends. " Sila Jessica, Olivia and Leni nga pala, mamsh. Mga besties ko. "

"We met already earlier, baks." Leni answered and opened her siopao to eat.

"Get your own food, lady." Jessica said sarcastically and started eating the chicken lauriat on the couch. But it looked like, she wanted to show off herself to Kristina so she grabbed a chair and placed it on Amanda's right side of the bed. She was now sitting across Kristina.

"I know you love siomai just as much as I do." Kristina said and gave her the dumpling.

Olivia handed Amanda her Shanghai lauriat before munching on her chao fan and went to Leni's place on the couch.

"Thanks." Kristina said shyly and sat back on the chair and started eating.

Awkward silence fills the air.
Leni must have felt it too so she opened her cellphone and their favorite song from. Taylor Swift filled the then dead air.

Soon, they found themselves humming and singing the song of Taylor.

Amanda could only smile seeing that her friends are trying their best to get along with Kristina.

So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over, mm
If the high was worth the pain
Got a long list of ex lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane

Jessica even banged her head as she was so engrossed with the music. Olivia and Leni continued eating while humming along.

Got a long list of ex lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
But I've got a blank space, baby
And I'll write your name

Kristina and Jessica sang out loud hitting the mark.

Amanda, Olivia and Leni exchanged glances before looking with a naughty and playful smile at Jessica whose jaw dropped and Kristina's eyes widened.

Amanda chomped on her food. She can't wipe off her grin, seeing her friends' reactions.

Both Amanda and Leni raised knowing eyebrows with Olivia expecting Jessica to scream, slap and wrestle her friend and comment how Kristina hit a wrong tone which she actually didn't.

Five minute silence filled the air. Amanda could actually feel the tension in the air. It was like watching a suspense movie.

"You sang well, lady." Jessica smirked, her syrupy sweet voice gone. It was like a momentary disappearance. His deep baritone male voice emerged for a moment and Olivia's and Leni's eyes widened. Leni, who was about to chew on her food, coughed and grabbed the softdrink that was between her and Olivia.

Olivia, who was sitting comfortably beside Leni, almost dropped from her seat when she slid sideways. Olivia was able to pull her back.

Amanda saw how Kristina's face reddened and leaned her back on the seat.

"Uh, salamat." Kristina said, smiling at Jessica.

Jessica stared at Kristina's face and felt her face blushed as well.

"Shit. Restroom lang ako, girls." Jessica said and stood up. She got her empty food and quickly drank her coke. She threw them on the trash can on her way out Amanda's room.

"May cr dito, baks!" Leni called out but Jessica was already out the door.